Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Building Construction or Construction Management or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Certifications/Licenses LEED, AIA, PE, PMP a plus.
Due to the nature of work performed at our facilities, US citizenship is required. Ability to obtain security clearance preferred.
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) Facilities and Real Estate (FRE) organization has an immediate opening for a Business Partner and Qualify Lead to join the Strategy and Alignment (S+A) team. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to manage and lead the front-end evaluation of FRE investment projects in the Qualify stage to ensure alignment with our business partners. The role requires the ability to understand and document requirements, develop trade studies of viable options, prepare basis of estimates (BOEâ€™s) and facilitate the development of business cases to support decision making. In addition, the selected candidate will support the FRE real estate portfolio strategy as required.
The selected candidate will be required to work and lead efforts across a diverse real estate portfolio consisting of secure and non-secure office and manufacturing facilities. In addition to receiving a competitive wage, the S+A Business Partner will work among a talented and accomplished group of colleagues while enjoying a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
- Works in partnership with:
- Internal customers to understand the business unitâ€™s strategic direction, goals, challenges, key initiatives, and assumptions
- Internal functional teams (IT, Security, Real Estate, Facilities Operations, Workplace Solutions, and Finance) to understand our facilities and their infrastructure (i.e. capabilities, limitations, opportunities)
- Lead the Qualify stage of the FRE Demand Process (FRED):
- Partner with our internal customers (LOBâ€™s) to understand and help build/validate business cases in conjunction with our enterprise business partners and internal BizOps leadership
- Provide thought leadership and data driven analysis with an enterprise portfolio perspective for solutioning associated with project and program requirements
- Partner with internal functional teams to develop solutions, basis of estimates (BOEâ€™s), budgets, schedules, ROI (return on investment), and RPI (rate pool impact) models for project and program demand.
- Ensure buy-in from project stakeholders including, but not limited to, line of business leaders, relevant Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members, Human Resources, and Finance
- Package completed business cases, as necessary, to present to leadership and the GDMS Investment Oversight Committee (IOC)
- Effectively transition projects to facilities Workplace Solutions and Facilities Operations teams and remain in an advisory role throughout the execution of the project, ensuring that the business case intent is properly executed
- System/tool maintenance and value-add reporting and analytics
- Ensure accuracy of the project demand workflow in the FRE demand tool
- Ensure proper transition and accuracy of the project demand in the Finance funnel tracking
- Partner with FRE Systems, Finance and Strategy and Business Development (SBD) to create reports that provide relevant data and analytics to enable strategic decision making
- As a key member of the Strategy and Alignment team:
- Test, learn, and provide feedback in all process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrate thought leadership and continuing education in facilities strategy trends, studies, and initiatives to evolve GDMSâ€™ enterprise portfolio strategy and business partnership
- Travel will be required, as necessary, to support project and enterprise portfolio initiatives
GDMS Leadership Expectations:
- Develop yourself
- Develop others
- Be a team player
- Communicate effectively
- Develop and sustain relationships
- Shape culture and positively impact the morale, and engagement of those around you
- Operate at the appropriate level and deliver on your commitments
- Think and act strategically
- Confront reality
- Take reasonable, managed risks
- Certifications/Licenses LEED, AIA, PE, PMP are preferred, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural drawings, furniture, and space planning concepts.
- Ability to develop business cases, facilitate budget and schedule creation, risk and opportunity development, enterprise portfolio solutions, and collaborate with cross functional teams and business partners.
- Understanding of project considerations including, but not limited to, construction details, real estate, furniture, IT infrastructure, physical security infrastructure, and manufacturing and lab requirements
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications and MS Project (or a similar scheduling tool).
- Problem-solving attitude with critical thinking skills, focused on the value proposition of the greater GDMS enterprise
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Team player, thrives in collaborative environments
- Customer-oriented mindset with strong active-listening skills
- Emotional intelligence and ability to read an audience
- Foundational business/financial acumen understanding
- Due to the nature of work performed at our facilities, US citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain security clearance preferred.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran