- Responsible for the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems. Building systems include HVAC, water treatment program, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying
- Installs, fabricates, constructs, troubleshoots, and repairs complex mechanical and electrical equipment with very minimal or no support and supervision
- Receives work assignments, plans for work to be performed and obtains necessary tools, equipment with materials. Completes assignments and paperwork in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a through knowledge of equipment being serviced and employs service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follows inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs.
- Possesses knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools. Responsible for the care of the assigned equipment, tools and uniforms
- Responsible for keeping the shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe
- Follows operational and safety procedures
- Inspects all areas of the building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement
- Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holiday to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs.
- Responds to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (e.g. snow and ice removal) power outages and other situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available
- Projects a positive appearance and attitude at all times. Demonstrate exemplary tenant relations, team spirit and respect of others
- Pursues employee development objectives recommended by the Chief Engineer, Operations Manager, Lead Engineer and/or Property Manager
- Provide technical support to the Lead Chief Engineer or Operations Manager.
- Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspection of work and generating deficiency lists
- Assist the Operations Manager, Chief/Lead Engineer in the monitoring and implementation of OSHA requirements
- Strong follow up skills
- Ability and willingness to communicate frequently with property management, engineering and other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Training and certification in HVAC or Operation Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience
- Minimum of 4 years of field experience in a retail environment (shopping centers, lifestyle centers, etc.)
- Continuing education in field
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills necessary to operate Building Automation Systems
- Knowledge of OSHA, NEC, and NFC codes and regulations
- Possess valid driver's license with clean driving record and have the ability to drive full size pickup truck and/or van
- Excellent communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain Licenses(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment:
- Maryland Properties – 2nd Grade Stationary Engineer’s License
- CFC Training and certification for equipment servicing
- Regularly requires to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks
- Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to taste and smell
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance and climb stairs and ladders
- Regularly required to lift and/ or move up to 20 lbs., and occasionally required to lift/move 50+ lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception
Internal and External Contacts:
- This position interacts extensively with tenants, vendors, and contractors, as well other employees within Lincoln Property Company and our clients.
Join the Lincoln family by submitting your resume here. Please include salary requirements with application. Qualified applicants will proceed with background investigation and drug screening. Lincoln Property Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.