Amsted Rail has an immediate opening for a Robotics Software Engineer Co-op at its Granite City, IL location.
Amsted Rail provides engineered systems that combine castings, bearings, wheels, axles, braking and energy management devices for the freight rail industry. Amsted Rail enjoys a significant share of the freight rail undercarriage market and is part of Amsted Industries. Employee owned Amsted Industries is comprised of the Amsted Rail Group, a construction and industrial group and a vehicular group. Amsted has some 11,000 employees in 48 plants with 30 in the United States and 18 internationally.
Join the Amsted Rail team as a co-op to develop/deploy robotic and automation systems in a manufacturing environment. Collaborate with engineers and technicians on challenges related to automation. Design, assemble, and debug industrial robotic and automation systems. Perform system testing. Create documentation for custom automation systems, perform electromechanical design for industrial and manufacturing systems. Document and report technical work.
- Knowledge of C++ and Python software development
- Pursuing a BS degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Able to work 20 hours per week during school and full-time during summer
- Academic or work experience with developing electromechanical systems, including software and controls for robotics and automation
- Beneficial Knowledge: ROS (Robot Operating System), OpenCV, PCL (Point Cloud Library), SolidWorks, Linux, 2D/3D computer vision, path planning for robotics, machine learning, optimization, perception/sensing for robot guidance, localization.
- Must have the ability to work with people. Must be a team player with willingness to freely exchange ideas and relate well with others.
- Appetite for solving problems and creating solutions through software programming
- A hands-on background with a mechanical aptitude
- Must be willing to assume responsibility for accuracy and quality of work assigned.
- Should possess good organizational skills
- Self-motivated to work in a rapidly changing priority environment
- Must be detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description