Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
ManTech is currently seeking an experienced engineer with technical and practical understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) systems and phenomenology to support advanced technology development and demonstration programs of national significance to promote resilience to a diverse area of global threats. The SETA should have specific experience in the design, development, and testing of deployable Electronic Counter-Counter Measures (ECCM) / Electronic Protection (EP) techniques as well as an understanding of Directed Energy systems. In short, the SETA should have a solid foundation on both active and passive countermeasures. The technology-oriented SETA should understand both technical and programmatic aspects of fielded and planned future U.S. Government resiliency technologies, including operational concepts, applied technology, and systems architectures in order to facilitate the demonstration and transition of novel resilient capabilities to operations. The RF SETA should be comfortable working amongst a diverse and energetic team in the pursuit of mission objectives and project success.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
The SETA will research and evaluate new emerging technologies for transition to national systems, and assist in the managing, design, development, and fielding of new engineering demonstration units and technology demonstrations. The SETA will advise the government on how to coordinate with internal and external community partners to identify technology gaps, design technology development plans, and execute technology projects/programs for successful transition into U.S. Government systems. The position will be responsible for the performance of technical analysis of advanced RF systems, sensors, and associated signal and image processing techniques; EP systems, sensors and associated processing techniques and high-level technology and CONOP trades for future systems. The position will also conduct system-level analysis of concepts and systems using various modeling and simulation tools; and the evaluation of new hosted payloads and space systems that demonstrate one-of-a-kind capabilities. The SETA shall also be able to support test planning, review, and execution efforts to measure and verify performance of system concepts, studies, and capabilities.
The engineer must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The engineer will work directly with Government COTRs and with Program Offices to coordinate the integration of R&D survivability and resiliency technologies onto future government systems.
- Education: BS in engineering or science discipline related to physics, engineering, or mathematics
- Superb technical skills and experience related to space hardware, RF sensors and subsystems, and associated sign/image processing methods
- Some experience testing RF systems
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Effective interpersonal, briefing, and writing skills
- Ability to communicate very technical subjects to a diverse audience of senior decision makers with varying levels of technical expertise
- 7 years of experience managing programs or technical studies using government acquisition processes
- Thorough knowledge of systems engineering
- Self-starter with the ability to recognize requirements based on the organization’s mission and vision and perform necessary work with minimal supervision
- Occasional travel within CONUS
- Education: Masters or PhD in engineering or science discipline related to physics, engineering, or mathematics
- Knowledge and experience with RF technologies, applications, and performance metrics
- Superb skills and experience related to EP systems, techniques, and employment strategies spanning both active and passive countermeasures
- Experience with modeling and simulation of red/blue interactions in a contested environment
- Significant experience testing RF systems
- Experience with Space Situational Awareness (SSA)
- General understanding of orbit theory, orbit determination, and Space Object Surveillance & Identification (SOSI)
- 10 years of experience managing programs or technical studies
Must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more then 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.