Our Associates (part-time) support the leadership team through operational execution and delivery of a rewarding customer experience. Our Associates (part-time) are part of a retail team of high ‐ achievers, who have a passion for excellence, continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. They are expected to embrace our Mission Statement and Success Drivers for the Associate (part-time) position and demonstrate Harbor Freight Tool's Core Principles.
- Consistently exhibit expected behaviors to exceed financial goals
- Participate in company programs
- Participate in special events
- Proficient in all assigned areas of responsibility
- Accurate and timely completion of workload
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Exhibit job proficiency and expected behaviors
- Contribute to a team atmosphere
- Provide a helpful customer experience
- Ensure items are in-stock
- Ensure items are priced right
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized retail store
- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things they see as challenging
- Enjoys working hard
- Shows initiative
- Is calm and professional under pressure
- Does not become defensive or irritated
- Acts with internal and external customers in mind
- Understands how operational execution directly affects the customer experience
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers and associates through respectful and effective communication.
- Adherence to Injury Illness Prevention Program
- Assist in execution of Physical Inventory Standard Operating Procedure
- Commitment to continued learning and self-development
- Drive and support teamwork
- Daily Download review
- Meet Customer Experience expectations
- Execution of store recovery standards
- Execution of daily cleaning checklist
- Participate in:
- Name Collection
- Extended Service Plan Program
- Inside Track Club Program
- Efficient processing of point of sale transactions
- Act as witness for till, safe, and deposit counts
- Other duties as assigned
- Execution of:
- Display Planner
- Execution in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure:
- Floor First Receiving
- Cycle Counts
- Retail or Customer Service experience preferred
- High School graduate/Equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate with customers and associates in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Ability to intermittently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Requires standing and moving for an entire shift. Ability to lift, bend, kneel, climb, crawl and/or twist. Ability to safely climb up and down a ladder.
- Ability to become forklift certified and physically able to operate a forklift in accordance with IIPP.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, overnights and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the retail business.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
About Harbor Freight Tools
We're a 45 year-old, $6.5 billion national tool retailer with the energy, enthusiasm, and growth potential of a start-up. We have over 1,300 stores in 48 states across the country and are opening several new locations every week. We offer our customers more than 7,000 tools and accessories, from hand tools and generators to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools. We provide our customers with the right tool for the right job at the right price, always delivering quality and value.
What To Expect: The Harbor Freight Hiring Process
At Harbor Freight, we build careers and we want to get to know more about your skills! After submitting your application, please take our quick, fun and easy gamified assessment and show us your skills in action!
- Within 60 minutes after completing your application, you will receive a text and email with a link to the games.
- The games should take 3-5 minutes .
- You can complete this step at any time from your mobile device or computer.