As the Assistant Store Manager you are assisting and supporting the store manager in managing the day to day operations, staffing and sales. As the Assistant Store Manager you play a vital role with the success in the stores financial results, the overall leadership and development of the associates, by creating a positive work environment, displaying GNC brand loyalty, exceptional customer service and driving sales. The Assistant Store Manager should have the aptitude to provide advanced product knowledge, and to help promote GNC’s “
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- An Assistant Store Manager who enjoys interacting with customers and is committed to helping them choose the right products, as well as making recommendations based on your overall product knowledge and understanding of their needs
- One who displays a strong understanding and commitment of GNC's Vision and Values
- The ability to achieve and exceed personal sales and productivity goals, while helping sales associates to realize their sales potential
- Assisting the Store Manager with team building, leadership, and managerial skills, such as giving feedback to store associates regarding work performance on an on-going basis, recruiting, hiring, and performance management
- The ability to learn new product trends, features, advantages and benefits, in addition to the training and development of associates' with regard to product knowledge
- Opening, closing and operating the retail facility. Including, but not limited to cash handling, inventory count and deposits according to GNC procedures.
- Assists with ordering merchandise and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels, according to GNC guidelines to maximize sales and maintain store appearance
- Assists with verifying the delivery of all merchandise to the store.
- The ability to complete omni-channel orders timely and accurately in compliance with company guidelines.
- Ensure full understanding of all store communications including product information, advertising, promotions and other marketing initiatives.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Partner with Loss Prevention to ensure adherence to GNCs policies and procedures.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or Associates Degree in Business or related field.
Experience: 1 + years of retail sales experience preferred
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Total compliance with all store operations policies
- Manage work schedules within established budgets for optimal store coverage
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (i.e. Holidays, weekends)
- Medical, dental, vision and insurance benefits
- Competitive rate of pay
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Short-term disability benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
GNC Holdings LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer