Be Part of the Show at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts!
Located in downtown Tampa, the Straz offers flexible hours, event-based schedules including evenings and weekends, and a team-based work environment. Straz benefits for part-time staff include employee discounts and a 403(b) plan.
Servers have the duty of preparing tables before service and operating as the main contact for guests during service. Above all else, servers ensure guests leave with a positive experience. This is a great position for someone looking for supplemental income to their day job! Work is split between our candle lit indoor dining room and the grand lobby of the Morsani Theater.
- Makes genuine recommendations of menu items.
- Delivers food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely manner.
- Monitors guest's dining experience to ensure they are satisfied with the food and service.
- Responds promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Maintains cleanliness of service areas.
- Prepares final bill and processes payment.
- Assists with clearing and resetting tables.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager, Assistant Restaurant Manager and/or Supervisors.
- Ability to work nights, weekend, and some holidays.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and function preferred.
- Possess ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Prior experience preferred but not necessary. Training will be provided.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior server or equivalent restaurant experience preferred but not necessary. Training will be provided.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach and effectively communicate both in person and by telephone.
- The employee is required to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, at minimum of five hours, and move frequently throughout the restaurant. The employee must be able to safely move and easily maneuver trays of food which frequently weigh up to 40 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to move up to 25lbs, ascend/descend on ladders, move in confined spaces.
- The information contained in this physical standards description is for compliance with ADA and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties and additional duties may be assigned.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- The nature of this job requires that the employee work on-site as a regular work routine.
- COVID vaccination preferred.
No third parties please.
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please visit our website at www.StrazCenter.org to learn more about the Straz Center.