Employee must have good working knowledge of total operation of restaurant within standards, as well as create a pleasant work environment for all employees.
Employee will also have good communication skills, both verbal and written, to be able to handle supervision, training, development of employees, maintain safety and sanitation standards while handling guest concerns.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the work of all restaurant employees; such direction includes supervision, advancement & coaching staff.
- Will have significant role in the recruitment, interviewing, hiring & training and development of restaurant staff.
- Assists in the development of plans supportive of company strategies to achieve business growth (sales and profits) and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates and control restaurant operations to include front and back of house.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned and presented properly in a clean, safe and sanitary manner according to all established procedures, performance standards and specifications.
- Meets and oversees standards from the Health Departments, Denny’s inspectors and safety & sanitation standards at all times.
- Completes assigned office duties: guest check, validations, timely drawer changes, audits and balance daily and weekly close-outs, schedules and inventory.
- Assist to ensure that facility and equipment are adhered to, through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and that safety and sanitation requirements are met at all times.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through effective and efficient service and a clean and pleasant environment.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must complete all training courses
- Assists in the investigations of customer complaints and provides support and guidance and coaching to all employees as needed.
- Participates in the development of certified hourly trainers.
- Successful completion of Manager in Training program and additional training as required.
- Above standard verbal and written skills
- Good organizational skills
- Able and willing to address guest concerns
- Knowledge of all facets of restaurant operations
- Ability to assist in training and filling positions as needed
- Must have basic math skills including understanding of restaurant cash register and cash handling procedures
- Must complete all training, anti-discrimination & anti-harassment training and embrace our company’s nondiscrimination & anti-harassment policies and values.
- We value our employees and we expect management to set the example and treat all employees, guests and vendors with respect and dignity.
Denny's is the place that is always open for you to be who you want, with the people you want, over the food you want…whenever you want. We celebrate the inherent creativity of our food and the uniqueness of all people. So, come as you are. Enjoy pancakes for dinner or burgers for breakfast. You are always welcome at America’s Diner, where we are Open for Anything.