Trains, motivates, directs and coaches staff within all functions of the Food and Beverage division while maintaining open communication with upper management within the division.
Worlds of Fun provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Responsibilities:
- Trains, directs, evaluates and coaches staff with appropriate documentation; conducts counseling sessions as needed; trains and evaluates job performance of Team Leaders and makes performance recommendations.
- Takes appropriate action to resolve concerns and complaints from park guests and associates; gives verbal directions. Responds to emergency situations.
- Uses clear and concise lines of communication between management, associates and other divisions. Attends Supervisory meetings and communicates information to counterparts.
- Works with Personnel Supervisors to ensure staffing needs for assigned location are met and in compliance with Minor Labor Laws; contacts and follows-up with Food & Beverage associates who walk out or stop reporting.
- Ensures subordinates are trained in all facets of the operation such as service procedure, production flow, equipment usage and leaning. Provides associates with necessary information and tools to effectively do their jobs. Ensures that all work, storage and service areas are cleaned and meet local and state sanitation guidelines.
- Maintains labor and cost of sales budget requirements by continuously evaluating and adjusting to the business needs. Oversees cash control in the stand and works with Loss Prevention to maintain accurate cash records and decrease register variances; completes and submits 10th of a case and daily inventory sheets.
- Executes attendance schedules and prepares daily tasks schedules to ensure efficient operation of the location(s); completes administrative paperwork (i.e. time cards, labor reports, evaluations, and associate filed document(s)) as required by division.
- Ensures compliance with Minor Labor Laws. Creates incentives and motivational techniques for associates.
- Moves throughout the entire area of responsibility regularly to maintain awareness of total operation; learns, understands and demonstrates proficiency in operational task, service/production flow, equipment cleaning and usage and menu items in the location.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends and holiday periods.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be least 18 years of age
- 2+ years related experience in a supervisory role required.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the policies and procedures of the park and the Food & Beverage Division.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.