The Shift Manager is responsible for Quality and Services systems in the restaurant. Shift Managers coach and train Donatos Associates to produce the highest quality food and to provide friendly and honest service. The Shift Manager may open or close the restaurant in the absence of a salaried Manager, ensuring a quality opening and/or closing by completing administrative responsibilities while maximizing the safety and security of our Associates, Customers and Assets.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position safely while meeting productivity standards
- Able to stand and/or walk entire shift
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Occasional bending and twisting
- 1-year experience as Shift Lead or Manager or Donatos equivalent experience
- Successful Completion of Donatos M.I.T. Program and all corresponding certifications, Shift Manager E-learning modules, and food safe handler’s courses
- Can execute all items on the Shift Manager readiness checklist
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interacts with and listens to customers attentively and enthusiastically.
- Anticipates the needs of the customers at all access points and removes existing or potential service barriers.
- Displays caring and empathy for customers and follows correct steps when resolving complaints.
- Ensures the team delivers all elements of Donatos Service Behaviors.
- Contributes to the team morale by displaying enthusiasm and commitment by word and action.
- Properly trains new Associates to execute Donatos standards and processes to understand their roles in fulfilling the Mission, Promise, and Values.
- Ensures customers receive their orders accurately and within the quoted promise times.
- Ensures shift execution (pre/post-shift checklists, game plans, and dough plans).
- Understands and coaches the principle drivers for People, Promise and Prosperity (positive environment, scale usage, etc.).
- Models performance standards (primary responsibility to direct & coach, secondary responsibility to assist).
- Takes personal responsibility and ownership for managing Product Quality, Service, and Prosperity.
- Manages food, labor and costs through training and coaching.
- Acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, and theft during shifts.
- Demonstrates, trains, and enforces operating norms, including but not limited to uniform policy, attendance, safety procedures, cleanliness.
- Knows, enforces, and educates Associates on all applicable labor laws.
- Opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures and completes assigned paperwork.
- Trains and enforces correct cash control procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for inventory of all stocked items, vendor orders, and invoice processing.
- Ensures Associates understand and follow the food safety & personal hygiene standards required by Donatos and the local Health Department.
- Manages the people, product, and equipment in the restaurant to deliver the Mission & Promise.
- Uses proper security and verification procedures when handling deposits and safe contents.
- Effectively uses Donatos’ pre-shift and shift job aids and tools to ensure optimum product quality.
- Manages dough and day dots to ensure the best quality.
- Properly executes, enforces, and manages food safety and sanitation requirements.
Donatos is just as dedicated to our Associates as we are to our guests. After all, delivering the best food and service starts with attracting (and keeping) the very best team member.
Whether you're looking for your first job or want to advance your career, you'll love being apart of a work environment that's not just rewarding and fun, but supportive too. We're committed to hiring employees that we feel will be a great fit with the Donatos family-and then empowering them to become leaders who bring out the full potential of those around them.