Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all restuarant operations in Ovide, while maintaining a profitable department and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high in Ovide Restuarant.
- Responsible for all day to day operations in Ovide Restaurant and meeting all expectations of Brand Standards.
- Work directly with the Director of F&B to increase revenues and implement new ideas throughout the restaurant through activations.
- Supervise all F&B personnel in Ovide.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Prepare the F&B budget and monitor department performance with respect to the same. Perform any necessary follow-up, including forecasting.
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations.
- Work with other Executive Committee members and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the F&B department.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Cooperate in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget allocation.
- Oversee operations of the employee cafeteria.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure departmental compliance with SOP’s.
- Ensure the training of department heads on SOP’s, report preparation, technical job tasks.
- Attend and/or conduct departmental and hotel training (CARE, One to One), etc.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- At least 6 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 4 or more years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.