Oral Surgery Dental Assistant
LWSS is looking for an experienced Oral Surgery Dental Assistant to join our team.
As a Dental Assistant, you’ll enjoy state of the art technology while being surrounded by camaraderie and support. This is where patients come first, and continuous learning is encouraged! Hard-working and motivated, the successful candidate will bring a passion for providing the best patient care to the communities they serve.
What You’ll Gain
- Competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement savings plans, six paid holidays, and PTO (paid time off)
- Front loaded education and training, providing you the opportunity to develop to your full potential
- Opportunity to be a part of a secure company with 20+ years of industry leading experience that provides a stable career with unlimited growth potential
More about the role
- Greet and welcome patients from the start of their dental journey, as well as sustain patient comfort and provide appropriate education throughout treatment
- Conduct a thorough review of the patient’s health history in order to provide quality care
- Take and process x-rays and other diagnostic assessments (iTero 3D scanner, digital photography, etc.)
- Provide superior chairside assistance (i.e., four-handed dentistry) to supported dentists during a wide variety of procedures in accordance with the state dental practice act
- Utilize Dentrix for patient scheduling and record keeping
- Prepare treatment room with strict adherence to safety protocols and following OSHA & CDC recommendations
- Manage supply and inventory levels, as well as place and expedite orders as needed
- Partner with the providers and team to implement Heartland Dental systems and maximize office workflow
- Working knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
- Experience working in a fast-paced and customer-centric environment
- x-ray certification
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- 3+ years of experience in a oral surgery setting
- 5+ years of experience in a oral surgery setting
- Dentrix or other dental software experience
- Dental assisting school certification
- Ability to perform essential duties satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position
- Prolonged periods sitting and standing
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds at times
- Availability to attend virtual training sessions (or in-person) periodically throughout the year
Who is Heartland Dental?
As the largest and one of the fastest growing Dental Support Organizations, Heartland Dental provides exceptional service to its more than 2300 supported doctors in 38 states and over 1,400 supported offices. Each Heartland Dental supported office is unique to the community and the patients they serve. Supported Doctors are the leaders of their practice and set forth their own clinical care philosophies. With the largest network of doctors, we are founded by a doctor for doctors with a mission to support dentists and their teams as they deliver the highest quality dental care and experiences to the communities they serve while providing exceptional careers and creating value for our stakeholders.
At Heartland Dental, we’re committed to living our core values which promote diversity and inclusion. We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.
COVID-19: The Company and supported offices comply with all local, state and federal regulations. Employment is contingent upon an individual's continued compliance with regulations and Company policy, including COVID-19 vaccination or testing.