The Assistant Manager oversees the workflow of the facility to ensure the location is maintaining and exceeding Customer expectations. Assist the District Manager and Resort Manager in day-to-day operations. This position is responsible for supporting and advancing team members to achieve the Company’s mission, vision, and values. The Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuring all pets are cared for with compassion.
Company Culture & Perks
Our team members are hardworking, compassionate pet lovers. Our unique model was designed with our client’s pet’s comfort and safety as our top priority. The energetic environment at Pet Palace highlights our team members’ strong work ethic and attention to detail. The team environment allows for our clients to receive the unparalleled customer experience. At Pet Palace, our Mission is to put joy in pet's lives by providing superior care and comfort through compassionate personal interactions with pristine accommodations.
Team Member Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive Benefits plans
- 401 (k) with employer match available
- Enjoy snacks & lunches provided by us!
- Need a flexible working schedule? We are as flexible as they come!
- Amazing Employee Rewards Program
- Regular advancement opportunities
- Eligibility for multiple increases yearly with annual reviews
- Performance Bonuses
- Work with dogs and cats daily! We offer employee discounts too!
- Facility Travel
We have openings at two locations:
- 10608 Nations Ford Rd. Charlotte, NC 28273
- 2320 Wilkinson Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28208
How to Apply
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintain the quality working standards of the facility, operations, procedures, cleanliness, and overall workflow
- Initial point of contact for all client and pet issues and escalate to District Manager when needed
- Operate and encourage all employee to work in a safe manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Lead and develop all Pet Care, Customer Service, and Grooming Specialist teams to maximum performance
- Complete the recruitment, hiring, and promotion employees
- Manage employee schedules, payroll, and facility deposits
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Flexible schedule including nights & weekends
- Excellent leadership & organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, caring, & passionate about animals
- Attention to detail & ability to observe animal behaviors on a daily basis
- Operate basic computer software
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Previous management experience required
- Experience managing 50 or more employees
- 1 or more years of experience in an animal environment
- Capable of lifting up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours
Pay Range - $35,000 to 37,000
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Pet Palace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.