Hello humankindness Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix ArizonaSt. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy St. Josephs was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later St. Josephs remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care medical education and research. St. Josephs includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute Norton Thoracic Institute Cancer Center at St. Josephs Ivy Brain Tumor Center and St. Josephs Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics neuro-rehabilitation orthopedics and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Josephs among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition St. Josephs boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Josephs and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Childrens Hospital.St. Josephs is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizonas healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizonas Most Admired Companies.Look for us on Facebookand follow us on Twitter.For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.Responsibilities:
Research Technician - Position Summary
The laboratory of Dr. Cantoni PhD is seeking a Research Technician starting from September 2022. You would be joining a new research team focused on discovering the genetic cellular and molecular determinants that cause nervous system dysfunction in people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). MS is an immune-mediated disease of the central nervous system affecting more than 2.3 million people worldwide and for which there is no cure. The Cantoni laboratory will use a combination of cutting edge technology pre-clinical models and human specimens to identify new treatments for individuals with MS.
This position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including documentation and preparation of materials.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with research studies experiments and assays including collection of data preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
• Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
• Prepares tissue cultures reagents probe tests (etc.).
• Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
• Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
• Miscellaneous duties including but not limited to assisting with general lab maintenance and cleaning coordinating equipment repairs ordering and shipping.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research pre-clinical models.
Bachelor’s degree and up to two years of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
• Experience with molecular biology techniques and flow cytometry.
• Ability and willingness to handle pre-clinical models.
• Experience in mammalian cell culture and histology.
• Excellent basic laboratory organizational and record keeping skills.
• Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
• Familiarity with computer software (Excel PowerPoint Word Outlook).
• Ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
• Performs laboratory administrative functions such as scheduling common equipment purchasing/maintaining contracts on equipment and procedures for record keeping systems.