11 years from our humble beginnings as the founders of Fruitridge Health & Wellness in Sacramento, Connected now maintains a portfolio of proprietary top-shelf cannabis genetics cultivated in state-of-the-art grow facilities. We are proud to be the largest grower of premium flower in California.
With three retail doors in California, recent expansion into Arizona and national expansion plans in motion, we operate one of the fastest growing, vertically integrated cannabis companies in the country.
Our mission has remained the same since day one: To breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world. This commitment to deliver at the absolute pinnacle comes to life in the standards we hold our product, our people, and our partners to every day.
Proprietary genetics cultivated with cutting-edge technology and over 100 years of combined plant cultivation experience has earned our flower the highest wholesale price in any major legal market. Our continued curiosity can be traced back to an early obsession with R&D that poured resources into what is now one of the most advanced cannabis breeding programs in the world.
In 2017, we welcomed Alien Labs to the Connected family; a partnership built on the foundation of like-minded quality standards and the desire to raise those standards across the industry.
Today, a new emphasis on elevated experiences will ride in tandem with geographical and menu expansion on the fast paced and thrilling road ahead for the entire Connected family of brands.
About the Job
The Research Technician performs labor to assist in the upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of cannabis research and development cultivation and breeding projects; watering, feeding, flushing, pruning, washing, cloning, transplanting, collection and organization of research trial data, and maintenance of R&D specific plant material. Attention to detail is extremely important.
What You Will Do
- Collect data on plant growth and development under research conditions
- Plant Pollination, pollen and seed collection.
- Cataloging, maintaining and organization of plants, tags, and pruned biomass.
- Maintain and follow the cultivation department policies and procedures.
- Keep all workstations clean and organized
- Seed production of new cannabis strain, from fertilization to seed harvest, sorting, separation, labeling and storage.
- Germination and maintenance of seed stock.
- Propagation of stock
- Maintain detailed accounts of all activities, research and observations
- Wash and sanitize all equipment. Scout all equipment, ensuring all tools are free of pests, viruses or disease.
- Travel between cultivation sites where research trials are being conducted
- This position includes on-call responsibilities and requires weekend and holiday availability
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in horticulture, plant science, pathology, entomology, soil and crop science or related field preferred.
- Training and experience in a research support environment and familiarity with experimental design.
- Attention to detail and ability to adapt and improve processes.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with stress while solving multiple problems and coordinating various tasks.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, e-mail, and web browsers.
- Experience with integrated pest management, pesticide applications, and biocontrol.
- Skill and knowledge of plant physiology and plant nutrition.
- High organizational skills
- Problem solving/analysis skills
- Must understand and abide by the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and the cultivation department.
- Adhere to company mission statement, while maintaining high ethical standards and professionalism.
- Must work well with others and ability to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure, methods and technique.
- Help create a proactive and positive environment; a positive attitude and self-motivation to help produce high quality product, while meeting and/or exceeding personal and/or company goals.
- Must manage their time during work efficiently to meet goals
- Follow basic instructions and ability to take constructive criticism from their managers to maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Shows self-motivation/innovation and the ability to work well with all members of their staff and the company, as well as with their direct supervisor.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office – strong Excel skills required
- • Other duties and tasks as assigned
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs. occasionally without assistance or 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Regularly required to perform carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Able to be in varying temperature and humidity environmental conditions
- Must not be allergic to or have a fear of insects.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced cannabis grow location. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Connected is an exciting and innovative workplace with a highly engaged workforce brought together by a shared passion to be the best in the business. We are on a mission to breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world! This is a super unique opportunity to be part of the start-up stage of the booming cannabis industry. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis space.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time (Flexible Vacation policy for exempt positions)
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!