Research Specialist II
The laboratory of Dr. Jeremiah Johnson in the Department of Microbiology at the University of Tennessee is seeking an experienced and highly-motivated research technician to join our dedicated and inclusive team. We are leaders in the identification and characterization of bacterial and host factors that are responsible for infection and disease by the bacterial pathogen, Campylobacter jejuni. In addition, we use this information to develop strategies to reduce human infections and disease. These goals are accomplished using a combination of molecular approaches, cutting-edge technologies, and various models of bacterial infection. The selected individual will work closely with Dr. Johnson to maintain normal laboratory operations, manage research personnel, and advance the above objectives of the research program.
- Perform research related to the above research goals.
- Ensure that the laboratory remains organized and that research integrity is maintained.
- Assist in the training of research personnel, including undergraduate and graduate students.
- Be involved in the preparation and dissemination of scientific manuscripts and presentations.
- Aid the group in preparing and adhering to institutional safety and research regulations, including existing EHS, IACUC, IBC, and IRB protocols.
- Manage the ordering and maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Assist with forming and enacting a laboratory budget for the group.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science (e.g., biochemistry, genetics, microbiology).
- Experience with aseptic technique and growing bacterial cultures.
- Some background in molecular techniques (e.g., PCR, protein purification, western blot).
- Previous work with animal models of infectious diseases.
- Experience using immunological techniques (e.g., ELISA, flow cytometry, immunofluorescence microscopy).
- Some background using primary or immortalized animal or human tissues or cell lines.
- Past experience as a laboratory technician or manager.
Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Job: Research Technical
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-knoxville
Education Level: Full-time
Job Posting: Aug 26, 2022, 12:41:04 PM
Job Posting: false
Work Schedule: 236245