Research Assistant - Synthetic Chemistry
Centrillion Bioscience is creating transformative genomic technologies leveraging engineering and biochemistry breakthroughs to accelerate discovery and reveal the real genome that has thus far been obscured by its complexity and the limitations of existing technologies. Our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals is committed to making a new generation of genomic technologies accessible and affordable for multitude of previously unapproachable applications in healthcare, scientific research, agriculture and consumer genomics. Centrillion's Molecular Vision Laboratory (MVL) is a leader in identification of genetic mutations in vision disorders. Centrillion is backed by venture capital and strategic investors and has operations in Silicon Valley, CA, Portland, OR and in Asia Pacific.
The following position is for our Corporate Headquarter in Palo Alto, California. Centrillion Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Research Assistant - Synthetic Chemistry to join our chemistry team.
- Experience in traditional and contemporary organic synthesis techniques
- Experience in appropriate analytical instruments to characterize compounds such as nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), infrared spectrometry (IR), mass spectrometry (MS), and elemental analysis.
- Familiarity with, or ability to quickly learn, a wide range of techniques and reaction types such as low temperature reactions, inert atmosphere, metal-catalyzed cross coupling, hydrogenation, etc.
- Knowledge of purification methods and experience in the characterization of organic compounds, especially NMR and mass spectroscopy.
- Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
- BS or MS in Organic Chemistry with one year academic or industrial experience
- A record of success in the execution of new synthetic routes, application of these approaches to the synthesis of intermediates and novel final molecules
- A proven ability to be successful in compound synthesis, troubleshooting problematic routes and delivering required compounds in suitable yield and purity.
- Experience in purification techniques including column chromatography and HPLC techniques.