Deep Apple Therapeutics is a Bay Area biotechnology company with a focus on combining capabilities in molecular docking and structural biology to create a nucleus for accelerated drug discovery through advanced computer aided drug design technologies. Deep Apple Therapeutics is applying a state-of-the-art technology research platform based on advanced computational modeling and large-scale compound docking (LSD), cryo-EM based structural biology, and deep learning to drug discovery.
We are seeking highly motivated and energetic scientists to join a dynamic and well-funded research organization. We have multiple openings in molecular biology, structural biology, deep learning and in vitro biology. Deep Apple Therapeutics offers a highly competitive compensation, equity, and benefits package.
Our innovation and value-driven organization is seeking to hire an experienced research assistant to join our rapidly growing team. This position requires molecular biology, cell culture and preferably protein expression/purification experience, and a strong emphasis on an industrial mindset underpinned by critical thinking, multitasking, and the ability to propose new approaches and ideas.
- Perform established molecular biology experiments (PCR, plasmid purification, cloning, site directed mutagenesis etc.).
- Perform and optimize standard operating procedures (SOPs) for biochemical and biophysical experiments including protein expression, protein purification and functional assays.
- Analyze results and produce reports for performed experiments.
- Maintain a detailed electronic record of experimental conditions, results and analysis.
- Setup, maintain and create SOPs for scientific instruments.
- Assist in maintaining insect and mammalian cell cultures.
- Order consumables and reagents. Organize and maintain laboratory inventory.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a molecular biology, biochemistry or related field with minimum of 2 years of experience in routine molecular biology techniques including PCR, plasmid purification, cloning, site directed mutagenesis etc.
- Demonstrated experience in cell culture techniques (mammalian and/or insect cell lines).
- Experience in recombinant expression in bacteria, insect or mammalian cells is preferred.
- Experience in recombinant protein purification is preferred.
- Chromatography and spectroscopy experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and provide support to other team members.
- Attention to detail with rigorous scientific thinking and clear communication supported by appropriate documentation.
- Creative mindset with a willingness to propose new approaches and ideas.