RELATIONSHIP MGR SR - RBC/CNB SYNERGIES
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of building a new distribution channel focused on thousands of financial advisors and their clients – covering a potential client base of over 100,000 affluent and High Net- Worth ("HNW") households. Partnering collaboratively with City National Bank ("CNB") Banking Advisors, you will support RBC Wealth Management ("RBCWM") Financial Advisors in expanding their practice and meeting their client's financial goals with CNB products and services. Lead the Bank's concierge approach to on-boarding and supporting the expansion of client relationships. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Work collaboratively with CNB Banking Advisors and RBCWM Financial Advisors to deepen client relationships through cross selling bank solutions and delivering financial services to assigned markets.
* Partner with CNB Banking Advisors on client/prospect calling activities with RBCWM Financial Advisors serving as technical expert on banking products and services. Using consultative approach, determine client needs and recommend appropriate product/services.
* Ultimate responsibility for the teaming of CNB colleagues to deliver financial services across the full banking and credit spectrum and provide a superior overall client experience.
* Foster and maintain good relationships with CNB Banking Advisors and RBCWM Financial Advisors to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected client service levels. Manage expectations and provide guidance and advice throughout the on-boarding and relationship maintenance process.
* Evaluates, recommends and implements adjustments to marketing and sales program to ensure achievement of goals.
* Manages an active client relationship portfolio with an emphasis on expanding existing relationships and adding new qualified relationships. Responsible for conducting regular client portfolio reviews with CNB Banking Advisors and RBCWM Financial Advisors, as appropriate to maintain outstanding communication and identify new opportunities.
* Ensures timely collection of financial documents, prepares competent Business Information Transmittal for new and renewing credit.
* Maintains an awareness of marketplace products, practices, rates and changes to ensure capitalization on competitive opportunities.
* Interacts in an effective and professional manner with all levels of Bank personnel, corporate and bank clients demonstrating commitment to quality client service.
* May need to represent the Bank by actively participating in outside professional activities as appropriate.
* Ensures that decisions made are consistent with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable regulations, and that the risk associated with those decisions can be effectively managed.
* Responsible for tracking individual performance goals and results in a timely and accurate manner for reporting purposes by utilizing the current bank technologies.
* Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
* May involve occasional out-of-state travel.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of direct sales experience required.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a financial institution required.
* Minimum 3 years of new accounts with a strong focus on business development experience required.
* Must be in good standing under “The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008” (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the “Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry”; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Minimum requirement 2
Skills and Knowledge
* Comprehensive knowledge of bank products and services.
* Strong knowledge of various phases of sales management, including planning, goal setting, project/time management and selling techniques.
* Accomplished sales skills and working knowledge of consumer & business lending; understanding of business credit & underwriting; and actively managing a portfolio of discerning clients.
* Excellent business development and client relationship skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong motivational and leadership skills
* Experience in developing and executing sales strategies, branch marketing and business development.
* Understanding of various phases of sales management, including planning, goal setting and selling techniques.
* Maintains an awareness of marketplace products, practices, rates and changes to ensure branch capitalizes on competitive opportunities.
* Strong computer skills
* Strong knowledge of credit underwriting.
* Strong knowledge of operations, regulatory compliance and banking regulations preferred.
Starting base salary: $90,762 - $114,347 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Source : City National Bank (CNB)