Registered Nurse (RN)
- Departments currently in need: ER, ICU, L & D, and Med Surg
- $25,000 sign-on bonus to RN's with more than 2yrs experience. 5K at 90days, 5K 180 days, 5K 1yr, and 10K 2yrs.
- Up to $30,000 tuition reimbursement for RN's less than 2yrs, 10K at 12mos, 10K 24mos, 10K at 36mos.
- $45-70 an hour depending on years of experience.
Hospital located in Victorville, CA 92395 and Santa Ana, CA 92705
Has the responsibility for providing direct and indirect nursing care under the direct and indirect supervision of the Manager or designee but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills. Manages complex clinical situation for which he/she is responsible.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Assessment: Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient's overt problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results; performs advanced nursing assessment using critical thinking skills.
- Planning Care: Develops a plan of care based on nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services. Initial and periodic assessments (minimally every 6 months) to be completed prior to the scheduled team Communicates participant changes to team members.
- Implementing/Managing Care: Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides correct treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures in appropriate forms; provides participant and family education in coordination of 24 hour care delivery; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient
- Evaluation: Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems; implements nursing measures related to impending or associated
- Leadership: Using nursing process, delegates nursing care to appropriate personnel integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognizes unit problems and takes responsibility for documenting same; demonstrates active participation in QI processes; complies with hospital expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; complies with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitors unsafe working conditions; recognizes inappropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolves issue/problem and completes written reports; fulfills call for unit as assigned and adjusts staffing for census (volume) and acuity.
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning.
Additional Duites and Responsibilities
- Keeps abreast of all regulations and standards to ensure compliance with orders or directives issued by duly constituted government I regulatory agencies.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees and
- Perform other related duties as assigned or
Education Required (Minimum level of education): Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Registry or Certification Required: Currently licensed in CA as a Registered Nurse license; must present credentials which demonstrate ability to meet performance criteria for RN.