This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Orange Coast Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
Utilizing the nursing process and clinical nursing practice standards, the RN is responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for the Observation Care/Post Anesthesia Care Unit patient in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Nursing Department. Responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care/interventions, teaching patients/family, implementation of treatment plan/MD orders, and evaluation of care rendered. The RN must effectively communicate and document data relevant to the care of the patient. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient age, cultural diversity, and psychosocial and/or spiritual needs into the patient’s plan of care. The RN contributes to the promotion of quality nursing care through performance improvement processes that demonstrates positive outcomes in patient care. In addition, the RN collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Weekends and Holiday will be included
- One year (1) of PACU /Critical Care /Emergency Room/Telemetry experience preferred
- One year (1) minimum experience in an acute care in a hospital or outpatient setting required.
- Computer, internet, order entry and word processing experience preferred
- Current California RN License
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or higher preferred
- Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Card
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Card
- Current American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support Card
- PACU Certification preferred
- Specialty Certification preferred