Bring your heart to work! Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
We are committed to the safety and health of our team members, residents and families we serve. As such, ASC is proud to have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy, requiring COVID-19 vaccination(s) for all employees, including contracted third-party staff, and new hires effective August 1, 2021. In accordance with our mission to compassionately serve every resident with quality care and excellence, we firmly believe that vaccinating all employees is essential for our customer’s safety and health. Should you have any questions regarding this, please speak with your recruiting contact directly.
The Company understands and respects that a limited number of candidates may have personal reasons for not receiving the vaccine. As such, we are asking those candidates who wish to request an exemption from being required to be vaccinated, submit a request for their exemption through their Executive Director once hired.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
- Making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve by providing them care and compassion.
- Acting as a positive teammate to fellow employees by helping onboard new teammates.
- As Registered Dietitian you will collaborate with the Culinary Manager to ensure nourishing, palatable, well-balanced diets are provided to meet the daily nutritional and special dietary needs of each resident.
- Provide positive leadership and discussion of residents with the team members to determine appropriate interventions for the residents and assist with follow through.
- You will be responsible for providing clinical documentation in the form of nutrition assessments, routine quarterly progress notes, significant change assessments and routine follow up notes for all residents.
- Responsible for accurate and timely MDS dietary completion, development of care plans for residents and revision of care plans as resident condition changes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or Food Science.
- Registered in the state of Indiana.
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
Our commitment to our team for full-time employees:
- PayActiv – Hourly employees have immediate access up to 50% of your earned pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available – Plans starting as low as $20 a week
- Employees can access telehealth services
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 for certifications
- RecogNation platform – recognizes employees who embody our Culture of Care by doing the right time, the right way for the right reason.
- Workforce Chaplains: Confidential, non-denomination resources available for employees and household family members of employees
- Paid ServSafe Certification
- Free Continuing Education hours offered throughout the year
- Support from a team of experienced Registered Dietitians
- Pathogen Reducing Air purification devices in corridors and common areas to help combat COVID-19
- Employee Referral Program – get paid to refer a friend to join our team
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Food & Nutrition Services