Interested in working in any of Kent State's dining centers or retail options?Come work in Culinary Services!
Description Position Summary: The Food Service Student Worker is responsible for preparing and/or building food items while providing customer service and adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The Food Service Student Worker must be a student at the Kent State University. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by each location based on KSU requirements and business needs.
- Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
- Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Sets up work stations including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
- Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes work stations
- Serves food to customers while ensuring guest satisfaction and anticipating the customers’ needs
- Replenishes food items and ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Kent State University safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by leadership
- $10.50/hr; $11.50/hr for student managers
- On-Campus locations
- Afree meal a day during the shift you work
- Opportunities to move up to a Student Manager position
- Previous food service experience preferred
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs
- Understanding that hours may vary by each location, weekend hours varies by location