Nesco Resource is seeking self-motivated, efficient, and meticulous material handlers to join a growing team in Louisville, Kentucky. Must have cherry picker and forklift experience. As a material handler, you will be responsible for unloading and loading product deliveries, maintaining stock in the warehouse, and moving stock and other materials to fulfill orders.The ideal candidate for the material handler position is a diligent worker who can complete tasks successfully with little to no guidance.
- Move freight and stock to and from loading docks, delivery vehicles, storage areas, and production areas either manually or using equipment such as trucks, pallet jack, or forklifts.
- Follow written or oral instructions regarding daily tasks and job duties.
- Stage products based on customer orders; assist in filling customer orders.
- Sort cargo during loading or unloading process and mark containers with identifying information.
- Stack cargo in specific locations using cargo boards or pallets.
- Document the numbers of units handled or moved each day using production sheets.
- Utilize protective devicespadding, straps, etc.to prevent damage to items during transport.
- Implements and maintains 5S Principles and housekeeping standards in aisle ways and work area
- Operate machinery such as order picker, fork lift, pallet jack
- Follow all safety procedures and policies.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least one year of previous experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment in materials handling or operating forklift preferred
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds at a time
- Forklift / Cherry Picker exp.
- Have the ability to complete basic math skills and computer knowledge
- Have the ability to read a tape measure in standard measurements. Metric measurements is a plus.
- Overtime may be required from time to time
- Quick learner who requires minimal supervision and possesses good problem solving skills
- Team player with strong oral and written communication skills in English, who adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and deals with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to pass a drug test and background screening (including criminal), verification of education and work history.
- CHARACTER : We look for people with integrity, honesty, loyalty, humility, and who do not engage in internal politics.
- PROACTIVE : You are a doer, self-made and have led big changes.
- RESULTS DRIVEN : You are a "finisher, get things done, and like to win.
- ENTERPRISING : You think outside the box, can work in agile, unstructured environments and don't reinvent the wheel.
- GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE : You have a global view resulting from work with sophisticated international companies.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: You act with the realization that efficiency is vital to success.
- HIGHLY COLLABORATIVE : Collaboration is the fuel of our business, whether it is between employees, partners or customers. You are a driving force for continued efficiency among everyday tasks and a necessity for improving the outcomes of business activities.
Source : Nesco Resource, LLC