ABOUT BARRETT DISTRIBUTION:
Since 1941, Barrett Distribution has provided customized third-party logistics, omni-channel distribution, and direct-to-consumer fulfillment services for customers in a variety of industries. Our growing company is home to over 1400 employees throughout the United States, with key logistics centers in Greater Boston, New Jersey, New York, Baltimore, Memphis, Dallas, and California.
At Barrett, we truly value our employees and culture, and realize that the way to attract and retain the very best workforce is by providing competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a gain-share program that every employee participates in.
If you’re skilled at what you do, thrive in collaborative, team-first environments, and are looking for a home in a company that promotes from within and invests in its employees, Barrett Distribution is the place for you!
The PIV Operator, reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, is responsible for operating specific power industrial vehicles for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise.
This role shift is 7:00AM-3:30PM, Monday-Friday.
The pay rate for this role is $39,000/year, depending on experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Consistently applies Barrett’s core values of Always Better, Utmost Integrity, Dedication to the Customer, I am an Owner, and Open and Honest relationships in all interactions and decision making. Is responsible in knowing and acting in accordance with Barrett’s vision to WOW our customers, partners, and fellow employees with every interaction.
- Locate and load, with Powered Industrial Truck/motorized equipment, customer product onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves according to established procedures and safety requirements.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and material using a forklift, basaloid, clamp truck or other powered equipment.
- Assist with shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise.
- Receiving / Put-Away: Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
- Efficiently move product from staging and / or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customers’ service standards.
- Process customer orders for picking, receiving, put-away, and loading functions either via a RF Scanning or manually.
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies of product(s) being handled.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Comply with OSHA, EPA and Hazard Communication & GHS/SDS “Right to Know” Standards.
- Complete and document all start-shift equipment inspections daily
- Perform or assist in equipment maintenance as required.
- Maintain the equipment, materials and work area in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned
High school/GED preferred.
Prior PIV experience preferred; including but not limited to reach truck, forklift, order picker, electric walkie rider.
Must successfully complete the Barrett training and certification program for company used Powered Industrial Vehicles.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English (Bilingual Spanish/English skills preferred).
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Barrett Distribution Centers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.