- Vision: Deliver world-class service to all customers.
- Mission: Make every customer feel like the most valued person.
Ramp Seasonal Agents work between 150 and 800 hours per year. Seasonal work will depend on the operational need of the station and location. Seasonal Agents will be subject to recall at any time during the calendar year based on operational demand.
This position comes with a profit-sharing program and Delta's industry-leading travel privileges (free flights!).
Ramp Seasonal Agents will be scheduled to work a shift between 20 to 40 hours per week. Work tasks include bending, stooping, twisting, standing, and walking. Work tasks are repetitive such as loading and stacking bags in addition to working in confined spaces and on knees for an extended period in aircraft bins. At times, these tasks will be completed in harsh weather conditions (heat, rain, snow, to name a few).
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Safely lift, load, unload, and transport baggage, mail, and cargo to and from aircraft, in addition to being responsible for on-time connections by guiding incoming and departing aircraft from the gate positions.
- Safeguard Cargo, baggage, and mail from damage, loss, and weather.
- Safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, and tow tractors in areas of congestion.
- Repeatedly lift and load baggage onto carts and to ensure each bag reaches its destination.
- Operate baggage scanners and computers to ensure baggage and cargo are routed correctly to the passenger's destination.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking, and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- High School diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Have strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds.
- Be willing to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays in all weather conditions.
- Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test.
- Pass a physical ability test (PAT). Click here to watch a video explaining the PAT and to help you prepare.
- Pass an extensive post offer pre-employment background check, including fingerprinting and a criminal history record check required by federal law.
- Be authorized to work in the US.
- Must wear required company-approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include, but not limited to: hearing protection, safety-toe footwear, protective headwear (bump cap or hard hat), and high visibility safety apparel subject to an approved accommodation, such as alternate PPE.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Source : Delta Air Lines Inc.