Railroad Assistant Terminal Manager
PRS Auto is seeking a safety-conscious individual responsible for oversite and facilitation of daily operations at the Railroad Auto facility at the Norfolk Southern Walkerton, NC Auto terminal! This operation is responsible for unloading new automobiles off of railcars.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and will be discussed during the interview process
- Growth Opportunities + Incentives
- Affordable Healthcare, Free Dental, cheap Vision Benefits.
- Free Life Insurance
- Generous 401K plan
- Yearly Raises
- Bi-Weekly Pay
- Travel Opportunities
- As well as much more you'll find out when you join our team.
The Automotive Operations Assistant Terminal Manager (ATM) will assist the Terminal Manager in overseeing the day-to-day automotive operations in accordance with AAR and automotive manufacturing guidelines at a designated automotive facility. The ATM assists the Terminal Manager in instructing and supervising a team of Auto Loaders, Inventory, and Office duties and will work as a member of the team based on the Customer/Corporate needs. The ATM will also be responsible to ensure the highest level of operational performance for the solutions PRSA provides. This individual must be able to thrive in an ever-evolving work environment and make timely operating decisions based on those inputs to ensure safe, efficient, and customer-oriented service that meets or exceeds our expectations. The role requires the individual to understand and enforce the applicable policies and procedures, as well as to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- This is a 24/7/365 operation.
- This role is a full-time salary position working non-standard hours that may include nights, weekends, and holidays as required by the Customer.
- Occasionally, the role can require extended work hours, including being on call as needed.
The scope of the ATM's duties will include the following roles and responsibilities:
- Manage in accordance with AAR and automotive manufacturing guidelines.
- Provide administration to all terminal staff, including delegating and prioritizing job duties, recruiting, scheduling work assignments, and resolving any problems that may arise.
- Model the way and lead staff in resolving complex operations problems.
- Maintain the performance of all supervised employees.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with customers, including railroad, and auto manufacturers, and Manage Key performance metrics including input, review, and analysis through the assigned platforms.
- Work as a member and facilitator of the automotive unloading team as workload dictates.
- Adhere to and enforce all company rules and policies and foster a high level of safety awareness in the department and work environment.
- All other duties assigned by the Terminal Manager
- (Preferred but not required) Experience working in the automobile loading and unloading industry is preferred.
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems on an immediate basis, and to develop and implement procedural changes without supervision.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to support work as a team & Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to provide premium customer service to Clients and Customers alike and use strong written and oral communication skills with subordinates, peers, and senior-level managers effectively.
- Skills to adapt to rapidly changing customer requests and requirements, seasonal variances in workload, and industry needs and requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Word® and Excel.
- Ability to pass federal background checks and obtain an e-RAILSAFE certification
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. overhead while standing.
- Physically & mentally able to climb ladders, 20 feet.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to work as a member of a team or as an individual when necessary to accomplish in a timely manner all the daily workload.
To perform the essential functions of the job, an employee must meet the physical demands in this job description. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to fingers, handle, feel and reach. The employee must be able to stand for periods of eight hours or more and must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs. above the head. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus for both day and night operations.
Candidates must be able to work outdoors in all conditions, including hot temperatures. In addition, working on and around rail equipment and automobiles may be dangerous if not handled safely with respect to the job functions. Understanding the work hazards and being able to work safely is imperative for this position.
PRS Auto (NS Walkerton Railroad)
3625 Williston Rd
PRS Auto (NS Walkerton Railroad)
3625 Williston Rd
Walkertown NC 27051
All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, religion, protected veteran status, or national origin.
Source : Rail Management Services