Jet Avion Corporation is located at HEICO's corporate headquarters in Hollywood, Florida, and specializes in the supply of various platforms of aircraft/engine PMAs.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for product quality planning, evaluation and control. This role works cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that regulatory as well as Quality Management System (QMS) compliance is maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Develop/review quality inspection and test plans for new product development as well as legacy production parts.
* Contribute to manufacturing/quality expertise to design reviews for new product development, supplier changes, product changes and/or improvements for legacy production parts.
* Perform reviews of first article inspections as well as provide documentation for new product development, dormancy and supplier changes of legacy production parts.
* Coordinate the review and resolution of non-conformances, liaising with internal stakeholders as well as suppliers to develop, implement & monitor corrective/preventative action (CAPA) plans.
* Work collaboratively within and across cross-functional teams with minimal supervision
* Responsible for Supplier Recurrent Approvals, Source Inspections and Audits.
* Participate in internal audits of the QMS.
* Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
* ASQ Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) / Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) / Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) is a plus.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Quality Engineering role, with at least 3 years in the Aerospace/Aviation industry.
* Must have a strong quality technical background with familiarity in Quality Management Systems, AS9100/ISO9001, FAA regulations, as well as inspection and manufacturing processes/procedures.
* Strong knowledge of Root Cause Analysis and CAPA tools.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES:
* Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Computer Skills: MS Office proficiency required; CMM Programming is a plus; 3D CAD Software is a plus.
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry/trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations.
* Reasoning Abilities: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Ability to travel up to 20%
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Source : HEICO Corporation