This position works under minimal supervision and applies principles, concepts and continuous improvement practices to a specific quality function. Assists in establishing goals and objectives of a specific quality process.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component. Devises sampling procedures and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including company quality records.
- Monitors statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Establish internal first article requirements, reviews and approves results in accordance with AS9102.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and inspection, measuring testing, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- May direct workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Consults with customer and other personnel regarding product information such as capacity and purpose, and types of material to be used to fabricate product.
- Identifies and recommends changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production processes.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Analyzes written specifications, drawings, contracts purchase orders, and other quality requirements to plan and layout inspection acceptance requirements supporting all manufacturing operations.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities. Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Reviews contracts for completeness and accuracy to bids and proposals. Flows specific requirements through product acceptance.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field plus a minimum of five years Quality Engineering or related experience: or equivalent combination of education and experience. This position will support a multiple shift operations. Prefer defense contractor experience.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.