Adient Aerospace is a joint venture between Adient and the Boeing Company. Boeing brings a deep knowledge of Aerospace, and Adient is a world leader in automotive seating. At Adient Aerospace, it is our mission to deliver innovative seating design through precise operational excellence, resulting in a superior customer experience. We bring the right pieces together, in precisely the right way, at precisely the right time.
Adient Aerospace is looking for a Quality Engineer - Certification Inspection Representative to join our team on site in Huntington Beach, California. We are looking for highly proficient individuals who are collaborative, value diversity, enjoy working as a team, and share our passion to succeed. We invest in our employees with opportunities for professional development and we offer competitive benefits.
Are you the right piece to complete our puzzle?
The Quality Engineer - Certification Inspection Representative is expected to perform the conformity and inspection functions required by 14 CFR Part 21 Certification Procedures for Products and Articles specifically with focus on SubParts A - General, E - Supplemental Type Certificates, G - Production Certificate, K - Parts Manufacturer Approvals and O - Technical Standard Order Approvals and AC 21-43 Production under 14 CFR Part 21. The Representative must understand and be eligible to the requirements of 14 CFR Part 183 Representatives of the Administrator. The Representative must be eligible to apply to the FAA for a Company DMIR and other customer ODAs and must be competent in the fulfillment of those duties. The Representative must be able to have strong communication and comprehension with the FAA and other FAA designees.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES - Essential Functions(Other duties and projects may be assigned or requested.)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Perform DMIR (Designated Manufacturer Inspection Representative) duties
- Perform delegated customer ODA inspection duties
- Must be extremely proficient in 14 CFR Part 21 Certification Procedures for Products and Articles specifically with focus on Subparts A - General, E - Supplemental type Certificates, G - Production Certificate, K - Parts Manufacturer Approvals and O - Technical Standard Order Approvals
- Must communicate effectively and maintain good relationships with the FAA
- Must completely understand and be eligible to the requirements of 14 CFR Part 183.31 and 183.51
- Must completely understand Order 8000.95 Designee Management Policy
- Complete From 8130-3 Authorized Release Certificate, Airworthiness Approval Tag in accordance with FAA Order 8130.21
- FAA Form 8100-1 Conformity Inspection Record FAA Form 8130-9 Statement of Conformity
- FAA Form 8130-1 Application for Export Certificate of Airworthiness
- Maintain customer PMA licensing agreements
- Submit and obtain PMA supplements with the FAA
- Maintain Production Approval Holder standing with the FAA
- Communicate escapes and reportable nonconformance's to the FAA
- Works with the quality control and production personnel to drive the continuous improvement process.
- Interfaces with the customer on program quality issues.
- Improves and problem solves using quality tools such as Process mapping, SPC, FMEA, Six Sigma, Kaizens, A3s, fishbones, root cause analysis etc.
- Assists with supplier problems, provides problem solving and resolutions.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS – Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least three years’ experience within the Quality environment
- Excellent communication skills and Proficient with Microsoft Office® programs, Office, and with MRP systems. Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced knowledge of the FAA regulations
- Strong trouble shooting skills and communication skills.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and other related literature is necessary.
- Proficient with general quality systems and with the following tools: Process mapping, SPC, FMEA, Six Sigma, Kaizens, A3s, fishbones.
- Knowledge of the EASA Part 21 regulations
- May be asked to work extended or irregular hours as required.
- Must show proof of ability to work in the United States.
- Adient Aerospace is an “at-will” employer; employment is at the mutual consent of both the employee and the employer, and may be terminated at will for any reason, with or without cause, at any time during employment with the Company.
- As business conditions warrant a change in the operating necessities of the Company, all employees are expected to react productively, handle other essential tasks assigned now or in the future.
- Ability to travel at short notice if and when required.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certificate desired
SUPERVISION PROVIDED TO THE POSITION
- Direction is provided for assignments in terms of desired outcome (goals), timing and budget. Work is reviewed or measured in terms of meeting organizational objectives and schedules.
- Assists with coordination of adherence to organizational goals, operating policies, and budgetary guidelines.
- Develop and provide solutions to complex problems based on established precedents and are consistent with organization objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.