Provides Quality Engineering expertise in implementation of company quality system and in support of the programs being conducted at the Scranton facility.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain quality plans and inspection plans.
- Responsible for configuration control and documentation; corrective actions as required.
- Devise Sampling Plans and procedures.
- Develop methods and procedures to disposition discrepant materials and parts, assess costs and responsibilities.
- Assist design engineer in determining specifications for parts / materials acceptable for specific uses.
- Evaluate designs for manufacturability and makes recommendations for changes.
- Assist vendor base in attaining/maintaining quality of supplied product/materials.
- Evaluate suppliers to accept as approved vendor.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent and 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years on-the-job experience in one or more areas of the Certified Quality Engineer body of knowledge.
- Ability to maintain Secret level security clearance.
- May be required to obtain Certified Quality Engineer certification or equivalent.
Source : General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems