This position is responsible for maintaining quality and food safety compliance, in direct support of the operation of the business unit they are assigned to. This entails product releases, Hold processing, incident report investigations, audits, reports and key data maintenance.
- Collect and process retain or Hold samples in support of complaint investigations.
- Provide relief and PTO coverage for Line Techs in your business unit lab.
- Maintain 5S style housekeeping in the main lab.
- Perform key analytical and organoleptic testing of raw/finished product as required.
- Enter data from all analyses into Infinity data base.
- Maintain accurate and legible records where applicable.
- Initiate HOLD for any non-compliant product in either food safety or product quality.
- Inform line leadership of any situations regarding product quality trends, food safety or labeling.
- Perform metal detector investigation of reject samples brought in from the line.
- Perform label and packaging verifications as required.
- Audit/verify that required calibration tests and minor maintenance of lab equipment are being performed.
- Follow the escalation protocol for any food safety incidents.
- Conduct line audits, including pre-ops, as required.
- Initiate IR (Incident Report) for any non-compliant situations.
- Project support for QA as assigned.
- Collect and ship samples for outside analysis.
- Associate’s Degree in food science or related science
- Minimum of two (2) years of QA experience in a food facility or food internship program.
- HACCP certification
- Experience in a 24 hour manufacturing facility in quality or food safety
- Ethical conduct/confidentiality
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook
- Problem solving/analysis
- GMP/HACCP awareness for food safety
- Line auditing
- Communication proficiency
- Statistical process control
- Data entry
- Time management/self-motivated