Food on the Fly
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
Reports To: Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Working in a variety of fast paced settings, quality control managers are responsible for maintaining quality assurance processes, testing products, recording, analyzing results data during product development, and manufacturing.
QC Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager and or director. They will follow through on setting processes and ensuring adherence to best production practices, product quality standards, and monitoring the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of product output.
Duties and Responsibilities:(other duties may be assigned)
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, and corrective actions. *
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations. *
- Responsible for monitoring of product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for preforming sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
- Responsible for maintaining the Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP), including swabbing, incubation and recording results.
- Ensures Adherence and educates employees on food safety and SQF Standards
- Collect product samples for product development, retain samples and lab samples as needed.
- Performs inspections on product, equipment and machinery.
- Responsible for keeping Food Safety Documents in control and assisting production workers with food safety concerns. *
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* Essential Function
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- USDA PROGRAM
- PCQI CERTIFIED
- SQF PRACTIONER
- HACCP CERTIFIED
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be experienced in MS Office and specifically excel. They must possess the ability to create and develop templates for daily use. Ability to respond and draft professional emails.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum experience required is 5 years of direct supervisory Quality Control or related department(s).
Certificates and Licenses:
Food Manufacturing Control - PCQI