Amphenol Pcd is looking add an experienced QA Inspector – Level III at our Beverly, MA location.
The basic function of the QA Inspector – Level III is to perform visual and mechanical inspection of incoming, in-process, QPL, and/or final inspections. The Inspector takes their direction from their direct supervisor or Group Lead.
Summary of essential job functions
• Complete mechanical, visual and electrical incoming, in-process, and final inspections for the cable assembly and existing legacy products
• Maintain Quality records using Quality data collection software or logs
• Fill out records for suspect material
• Transfer product using ERP system
• Support RMA/MRB activities as required
• Ability to perform inspection in three or four areas of operation
• Ability to perform FAI (First Article Inspection)
• Ability to solve problems and concisely explain a finding using photos, PowerPoint, data
• Performs at an above average pace
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience using multiple measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, protractor, depth gauge, microscope, optical measuring equipment, simple scales or rulers, tape measure, and gage pins)
• Must be able to read in English and follow procedures or work instructions
• Intermediate understanding of 2D Engineering Drawings
• Experience/knowledge with soldering such as IPC-620 and J-Stds
• Experience with use of optical comparators and/or CMM
• Experience with a MRP (Manufacturing Requirement Planning) system & how it is used in a manufacturing environ.
• Communication skills to interact with staff members at all levels
• Knowledge of Random Sampling techniques
• Must be able to check dimensions in decimal and metric
• Experience with WinSPC or other related data base entry system
• Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Understand and be able to read and comprehend advanced engineering drawings
• Experience with FAI (First Article Inspection)
• IPC 620 certification
• Experience in shelf life and hazardous material labeling
• Individual QWI's
• IPC/WHMA-A-620A Requirements and acceptance for cable and wire harness assembly
• High School diploma or equivalent
A Little Bit About Us:
Amphenol Pcd, a subsidiary of Amphenol Corporation, is one of the world's leading suppliers of interconnect products for Military, Commercial Aerospace and Industrial applications. Located north of Boston in Beverly, Massachusetts, we design and manufacture a wide range of products - System Attachments, Junction Modules, Relay Sockets, Terminal Blocks, Rectangular & Circular Connectors, and Cable Assemblies & Adapters. With facilities in North America and Asia, Amphenol Pcd products are chosen by hundreds of OEMs around the world reliant on Amphenol's technical excellence, global network of distributors, and cost-effective solutions for custom systems.
Due to the nature of our business, the candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Position requires candidate to be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
Amphenol Pcd is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
This organization participates in E-Verify.