Pay Rate: $21/hour + $1/hour night shift premium. This position is responsible for maintaining quality and food safety compliance, in direct support of the operation of the business unit they are assigned to. This entails working closely with members of all departments to perform duties such as investigations, audits, and product releases. QA Level 4 Technicians are also responsible for verifying FSQ compliance all around the facility and providing support within other business units whenever available.
- Business Unit
- Provide break relief, and lab coverage for PTO and call-ins, for QA Level 3 Technicians.
- Collect daily QA documentation in each production room and sign-off to verify that the operations are compliant with regulatory and internal FSQ requirements.
- Daily release of all FG product that is “Awaiting Positive Release” which has been verified to have met all regulatory and internal FSQ requirements.
- Conduct daily GMP Observational Audits in all production rooms and quality labs
- Perform Pre-operational Inspections when requested and provide support for other business units when available; includes completion of Allergen and ATP swabbing.
- Complete weekly environmental swabbing on scheduled days
- Perform required calibration tests and minor maintenance of lab equipment, including thermometers.
- Respond to food safety and quality incidents and follow the escalation protocol as necessary.
- Complete root cause investigations in conjuction with members of the operations teams for any/all FSQ incidents.
- Capture all non-compliant product that has been deemed a food safety or quality risk and update to a hold disposition in NetSuite when necessary; create corresponding hold logs for any situation that requires product holds
- Collect and process retain or hold samples in support of complaint and investigations.
- Collect and process retain or hold samples in support of open hold investigations; disposition FG product and close holds upon completion.
- Perform daily audits of GMP and Allergen Control compliance in assigned areas in the facility
- Complete daily evaluation of sifter tailings from flour silos and record results
- Participate in FSQ training of QA Level 3 Technicians and incoming employees during Onboarding as necessary.
- Complete a daily pass-off review to the following shift of quality leadership, including the completion and distribution of a detailed Shift Report.
- Daily verification of Metal Detectors around the facility
- Other Duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in food science or related science OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of QA experience in a food facility or food internship program.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or a related science.
- HACCP certification
- Experience in a 24 hour manufacturing facility in quality or food safety