The Software Quality Assurance Tester performs advanced analysis and application testing work involving the daily operations and activities of testing teams within the Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) section of IT-SEDS (Information Technology - Statewide Education Data System). The tester relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
This position will work with the Texas Student Data System (TSDS) Testing team to provide the following Software Testing Services:
1) Analyze user requirements, design documents and other documentation to develop test plan and detailed test cases.
2) Design, create and modify Automation Framework.
3) Review user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate applications or to improve existing systems.
4) Create and execute automated functional and regression test cases, report and document all issues, test cases ran, test results, and testing summaries in detail
5) Perform manual testing and data validation
6) Perform advanced SQL queries to analyze and manipulate data
7) Work with development team and customers to clearly understand the functionality under test to help determine test cases and clearly communicate issues found
8) Mentor, train, and support team members in application testing and automation efforts.
9) Collaborate with the project team for sprint/release work on tasks such as providing testing effort estimates, resolving defects or issues and providing status on work assignments or issues.
The Texas Student Data System (TSDS) modernizes and improves the quality of data collection, management, and reporting in Texas education.
Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will be displayed to customers but may not be chosen for this opportunity.
|8||Required||Testing complex web applications|
|8||Required||Testing all phases of software development life-cycle|
|7||Required||In-depth experience with creating Automation Frameworks and Automation Testing|
|7||Required||Proficient in Selenium, TestNG or any other functional automation testing tool|
|5||Required||Experience with Java or similar programming language|
|5||Required||Database/ SQL Language|
|3||Required||XML, JSON, API Testing|
|2||Preferred||WAPT Pro or other performance testing tools|
|1||Preferred||Previous experience with Zypher Scale preferred|
|1||Preferred||Previous experience with Jira preferred|
|1||Preferred||Previous experience with Texas Student Data System (TSDS) preferred|