The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for the procurement of materials and commodities to meet day-to-day requirements. The Purchasing Agent coordinates his or her efforts with other Purchasing Agents and Management to maintain the appropriate level to meet sales demands. The Purchasing Agent will report directly to the Materials/Purchasing Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will also have experience in supplier development and quality control processes with suppliers. In this role, the Purchasing Agent should be able to critically assess suppliers, products, and services, and negotiate the best possible deals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews requisitions.
- Selects new vendors based on purchasing work instructions.
- Experience with the purchasing of outside machining work.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase. Typical parts and services purchased include castings, steel, electrical and hydraulic components, gears, bearings, and fabrications.
- Prepares purchase orders or requests for quotes (RFQ).
- Reviews quotes and determines best fit based on cost, delivery, product quality & performance.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Responsible for procurement and purchasing activities on assigned projects/vendors.
- Prepares, reviews and issues purchase orders.
- Communicates with Sales, Project Managers, and Manufacturing Manager regarding deliveries and issues.
- Maintain records of all transactions, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Scheduling and verifying purchase deliveries.
- Developing and building positive, long-term supplier relations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Degree in Business Administration, Procurement, or a related field preferred.
- 3 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with ERP and inventory management systems.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Exposure to ISO 9001 quality practices and procedures.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1035 W. Greene St. PO Box 920 Piqua, OH 45356