TITLE: PURCHASING AGENT
JOB SUMMARY: PURCHASING AGENT
Assists Materials Manager in purchasing material, components, equipment and supplies.
Responsible for managing purchase orders as supply and demand fluctuates. Answering vendor questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. Tracks purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requests order confirmations for POs issued to suppliers
- Daily review and updating of the open purchase order report
- Processes all purchase requisitions
- Coordinates inbound logistics for raw materials, components, finished goods, and tooling.
- Bill of material and item number creation and revisions.
- Maintains the tooling log
- Processes component receipts
- Responsible for updating the ERP system with pricing, min order quantities, order increments, and lead times for raw material, component, and finished goods
- Liaison between Operations and Engineering
- Engineering planning support
- Manages all aspects of the request for quote process for raw materials, components, and finished goods
- Organizes all files for the Materials Management department
- Issues spot buys, blanket purchase orders, and tooling purchase orders
- Other miscellaneous duties as required and assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Supply Chain Management
- 1+ years experience in Purchasing, Material Planning, and/or Production Scheduling
- Experience in the manufacturing industry with a understanding of supply chain management concepts.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems required
- Understanding of purchasing methods and inventory management concepts
- Excellent communication skills required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point