Job ID: 403479
Michigan Paving and Materials, a vertically integrated CRH company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.michiganpaving.com, www.stoneco.net or our parent company at www.crhamericas.com
This position will train in the responsibilities of the Area Manager position which includes managing all aspects of construction projects, including all steps in bidding, building, closeout and collection as listed below.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Must conduct themselves appropriately and make decisions that are safe and ethical
- Responsible for managing the bid process for new work
- Learn all facets of the project management process including pre-bid meetings, contracts, sub-contracts, coordinating work and equipment utilizing clear communication with Managers, Superintendents, Foreman and other contractors
- Learn to understand and follow various specifications for all types of work
- Responsible for collection of accounts receivable
- Learn management of project quality – QA/QC process
- Maintain a strong customer-centric environment. Focus on customer service
- Ensure adherence to all DOT, environment and human resource regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or working toward one required
- Basic computer knowledge
- Business and Construction experience a plus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
- Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Peer Relationships
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be considered.
- Work may be performed in an office setting and outside on a job site or in the plant. Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, twisting
- This position will work in an office setting, outdoors on a job site and in a plant. Work environment will vary depending on job task
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Michigan Paving and Materials, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.