TheProject Manageris responsible for scheduling, cost analysis, and all other project management activities for concurrent/multiple project scopes. Quality, safety and efficiency of work performed along with superior customer contact and satisfaction are paramount. This position requires leadership, team collaboration, and strong attention to detail, combined with a proven ability to deliver projects on time and at or under budget.
In addition to working closely with Estimating, Finance, Operations, and Field Personnel, the Project Managers responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates project status to management, providing forecasts of revenue, costs, schedule, billing, and other metric / dashboard items; ensures that team deliverables are reached; provides cost trends to estimating for future bids; review and approve AP.
- Performs cost analysis, project scheduling and project management activities; makes specific recommendations and changes to improve / increase project performance.
- Conducts coordinated field visits. Gather field feedback from superintendents and foreman on issues and continuous improvement
- Responsible for managing A/R of projects within expectations.
- Maintains organized folders for SoV billing/ cash flows.
- Visits job sites to validate job performance and help problem solve if performance missing expectations.
- Make sure that the accounting system has all relevant information (CO, AR, AP); assists Mgmt. by providing daily reports of actual vs. estimated production and actual vs. estimated labor.
- Ensure projects are properly executed, as budgeted, and billed in a timely manner within scope of the contract.
- Actively pursue additional business with client through change orders, and identifying new/ upcoming projects to bid.
- Perform project cost estimates / comparisons, prepare proposals and negotiate final settlement price and obtain customer acceptance.
- Responsible for planning, designing, and implementing solutions to meet project needs. Identify and communicate alternative solutions that could make a project safer, more efficient and more cost-effective. Attends internal and external client meetings for projects.
- Ensure quality of documents submitted to the client.
- Recommend equipment with cost efficiencies to Mgmt.
- Manages the selection, cost comparison, and schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned. Analyzes project finances to reconcile variances in project budgets and vendor purchase orders. Ensures purchase orders are assigned to minimize job costs and maximize profitability.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts. Fosters and maintains good working relationships with subcontractors.
- Looks for cost savings on logistics
- Develops a full understanding of assigned project including environmental requirements; be able to recognize through day to day conversations. e.g., (1) If additional steps are needed for environmental purposes, whether they are "in" or "out" of scope; (2) with the help of estimating, what costs are associated with the work, (3) Make recommendations accordingly to the RD.
- Monitor labor hours on projects vs budgets; identifies responsible and cost efficient deployment of safety resources.
- Ensure all project costs are accounted for and provide foreman / superintendents with cost implications for mat and materials decisions before the decision is made.
- Assist the Estimating Team with project estimates and recommended construction approaches.
- Assist Mgmt. with guidance on Scope and change orders.
- Proactively work to establish advantageous long-term customer relationships; interface with customer throughout the project life cycle to gain feedback and provide information for customer satisfaction; attend meetings and conference calls with the customer or operations staff to support the efforts of project and resource management.
- Coordinate with estimating for SOP's on setting up estimates focused on reducing estimating time as well as increasing best practice adoption to drive cost efficiencies; provide leadership by demonstrating support of operations, estimating, finance, and business related items.
- Participate in bid reviews per Mgmt.
- Communicate project status to management, providing forecasts of revenue, costs, schedule, billing, and other metric / dashboard items.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field with five (5) years’ experience in Project Management preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all Project Management Principles.
- IT/IS Capabilities: familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Project is required; minimum intermediate skill with Excel and Google Sheets; Bluebeam software.
- Ability to prepare construction schedules.
- Must be willing and take initiative to learn new technical skills in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Lean construction methodologies and principles is critical.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and safety hazards of construction projects.
- Demonstrated capabilities in organizing and coordinating large construction projects, and monitoring the work of contractors.
- Must be very well organized and methodical.
- Possesses excellent analytical and organizational skills, and verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick time off
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability