Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Project Manager is expected develop and maintain a client base, manage HVAC/plumbing sales, and manage the field labor for each project. The Project Manager will use judgement and discretion in representing the company. He/she is expected to show a high level of commitment and involvement with his/her work and the company’s business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Customer Development & Manage Sales:
• Maintain cordial relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors and the industry.
• Prepare mechanical/plumbing budgets and bids, proposals, memos, contracts, change orders, strategies, control costs within agreed upon limits, manage installations and produce reasonable profits.
• Manage all project requirements from inception of sales to successful project completion and is responsible for the projects financial performance
• The Project Manager utilizes and coordinates staff from all departments, as needed, for each project.
• The Project Manager manages and supervises employees assigned to the project.
- Provide supervision, leadership and coordination of all company departmental efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Construction and Service during project construction in a timely manner.
- Actively involved in recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring.
• The Project Manager is the single source responsibility to the company and the customer.
• Attend all company Project Management Sales and Construction Meetings. Schedule and coordinate pre-construction job meetings with department heads and supervisors.
• Contribute and be part of special studies, committees, etc. to advance the company's technical abilities in engineering, planning and estimating, installation procedures, etc. All special assignments as directed by Management to accomplish mutually agreed upon goals.
• Accountable to the Sales Manager, or designee, as indicated on the latest Organizational Chart for the respective office location and available to the President.
• Consult with appropriate company personnel including all Management and Department Heads.
• Directly supervises assigned Project Engineers, Project Coordinators, Job Supervisory Personnel and others.
• Maintain a community presence in an industry-based or community-based organization.
Position Requirements (Skills, Work Experience, Education, Certifications, Licenses, etc.):
• 5+ years of progressive experience in estimating, design and management of HVAC/Plumbing projects from $50,000 to $25+ million
• Ability to operate independently and autonomously, and yet possess the discretionary judgment to know when it's appropriate to consult with others in the organization
• Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity
• Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business
• Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of issues.
• Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred, but not required or equivalent industry experience.
• MBA or Master’s level educational degree and/or a current licensed PE are notable, but not required for candidates.
- Competitive salary, plus bonus and company shares
- Full benefits, includingmedical, dental insurance, 401k, etc.