NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ – Seattle in a Project Manager role.
NBBJ – Seattle is seeking a Project Manager who can work independently and collaboratively with a team to manage Healthcare projects of varying sizes and lead work efforts of others, oversee the production of project deliverables, and interpret client needs. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and teamwork skills, and the motivation to engage with the array of NBBJ’s resources in achieving high-performance, sustainable outcomes.
Your New Role:
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationship with clients and consultants
- Develop and execute a management work plan for the overall projects
- Manage team complexity – plan, organize, and supervise the work of a design staff of approximately 3 to 10+ individuals
- Negotiate and draft contracts and amendments. Proactively work to ensure financial success of each project
- Be responsible for accuracy and applicability of documents for entire projects
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Assist with proposal preparation and participate in client presentations/interviews
- Be responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for each project
- Be responsible for execution of projects within the boundaries of the design intent
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principals for all aspects of projects
- Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods
- Solve problems creatively with consultants
- Assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- Develop and leverage existing client relationship for the purposes of wining work.
What you will need to Succeed:
- 5-10 years or more of professional experience in Architecture
- Experience with and passion for healthcare projects
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch desired
- Architectural licensure desired
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Must have a proven track record as a Project Manager with complex projects involving work that ranges from Pre-design through Construction Administration, including contract negotiation, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams of designers
- Ability to potentially lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, design focused open environment
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires