NBBJ is an award-winning design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Columbus in a Project Manager role.
NBBJ – Columbus is seeking a Project Manager who can work independently and collaboratively with a team to manage large, complex Commercial projects and lead work efforts of others, oversee the production of project deliverables, and interpret client needs. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and teamwork skills, and the motivation to engage with the array of NBBJ’s resources in achieving high-performance, sustainable outcomes.
Your New Role:
- Manage team complexity – plans, organizes, and leads the work of a design staff of approximately 5 to 10+ individuals
- Responsible for accuracy and applicability of documents for entire project(s)
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationship with client(s) and consultants
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Develop and execute a management work plan for the overall project(s)
- Assist with proposal preparation and participates in client presentations/interviews
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall project(s)
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principals for all aspects of the project(s)
- Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods
- Solve problems creatively with consultants
- Negotiate and draft/write contracts
- Assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- Develop and leverage existing client relationship for the purposes of wining work.
- Assist HC Practice Leader in developing market or client campaigns and interview to win new work.
What you will Need to Succeed:
- 10+ years of professional experience in Architecture
- Experience with large, complex commercial projects
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch desired
- Architectural licensure desired
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Must have a proven track record as a Project Manager with large, complex projects involving work that ranges from Pre-design through Construction Administration, including contract negotiation, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams of designers
- Proficient in Revit with 3D modeling skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, Rhino or 3DS Max desired
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, design focused open environment
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires