With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, Noblis MSD and Noblis + Mikros Systems tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
At Noblis and Noblis ESI, we have excellent teams of smart, collaborative, proactive experts and professionals. We are actively seeking to identify personnel to join our team of talented professionals who possess the experience, vision, commitment, and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) Office of Mission & Capability Support (MCS).
The Critical Infrastructure Bill HR 3684 (the Infrastructure and Investment Jobs Act) explicitly identifies five areas of federal investment. Research and development programs to augment technology in these areas will be funded and directed by the DHS S&T. These areas include:
- Special event risk assessments rating planning tools;
- Electromagnetic pulse and geo-magnetic disturbance resilience capabilities;
- Positioning, navigation, and timing capabilities;
- Public safety and violence prevention to evaluate soft target security, including countering improvised explosive device events and protection of U.S. critical infrastructure; and
- Research supporting security testing capabilities relating to telecommunications equipment, industrial control systems, and open source software.
New teammates will support these efforts, as well as augment our existing team working on rapidly developing technology in response to evolving threats. DHS S&T was established by Congress to provide innovative scientific and technical solutions to the nation's homeland security challenges. Within S&T, MCS executes Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) to transition solution approaches, technologies, and knowledge products in support of DHS Component customers including U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Secret Service,the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Federal, State, Local Tribal and Territorial (FSLTT) first responders, and the larger Homeland Security Enterprise (HSE). MCS covers all DHS mission areas and serves 13 discrete customer portfolios.
Role functions may include:
- Assisting with the development and administration of RDT&E contracts, to include tasks such as: development of solicitation material, administration of source selection reviews, and assessing technical solutions.
- Monitoring project performance and reviewing deliverables to ensure technical, programmatic, and financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program risks.
- Maintaining and monitoring program budgets to include gathering and reviewing monthly reporting information from project/program performers and developing budget execution plans.
- Organizing, directing, and coordinating planning and production of all activities associated with assigned task order projects.
- Providing support to Portfolio and Program Managers in their continued engagement with DHS S&T customers on the receipt, prioritization, and regular reporting of their operational capability gaps.
- Providing data collection and analyses of user requirements and of existing and emerging systems, capabilities, and technologies.
- Performing routine tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling, writing internal memos, maintaining and updating Program Management records, filing, intranet website maintenance, preparing and reviewing presentations, records maintenance, and coordinating daily operations of the assigned program.
- Assisting with planning technology transitions to the respective operational customer.
- Attending meetings, workshops, conferences, and program reviews at the direction of the program or project manager to provide programmatic and technical review, record meeting minutes, and contribute to the program management dialogue with performers.
- Providing assistance in managing and responding to program-aligned S&T Executive Secretary data calls, compiling information, and preparing information for reporting to senior leadership.
- Supporting the identification, assessment, evaluation, and testing of existing and emerging technologies, systems, and capabilities, including: coordination with related government, academic, and industry programs; attending meetings and symposia; coordinating meetings and programs reviews; and supporting program advocacy including development and production of presentation materials.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience or a Master’s degree and 5 years of experience.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Applicants selected must be eligible to receive DHS Suitability.
- Demonstrated proficiency providing program management and analytical support to programs and projects serving DHS Mission Areas such as Physical and Cyber Security, Border & Immigration Enforcement, and Infrastructure Protection.
- Experience monitoring project development performance and reviewing deliverables to ensure technical, programmatic and financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program risks.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. Proven results-oriented problem solving abilities. Experience with presentation graphics and/or spreadsheet tools.
- Experience providing guidance, feedback, and consulting services to federal program managers.
- Experience developing budgets and prioritizing resources.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments.
- Experience providing program and/or project management support in on research and development contracts.
- Experience facilitating resolution of customer requirements, including helping to identify and document capability gaps, formulate and develop technological solutions, and participate in and contribute to strategic discussions.
- Experience preparing and reviewing presentations, reports, project schedules and weekly status inputs.
- Experience supporting the development and production of architectures, organizational charts, and operations plans and procedures, to include program Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience supporting DHS components and agencies either operationally or through project management.
- Security Clearance and DHS Suitability are preferred.