At Amsted Rail, we pride ourselves in our results-oriented culture of innovation and we offer a number of career focused benefits for the employee:
- Challenging, creative work environment in a dedicated innovation center
- Access to tools / controls / equipment focused on 6 axis robot cell & tool development
- The candidate will have the opportunity to work under the supervision world-class cross functional team of engineers.
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive benefits package
- Lead mechanical design work to develop new and innovative robotic automation cells.
- Design and analyze platforms and support structures for load rating.
- Design and justify load ratings for lifting / rigging equipment
- Apply theoretical knowledge of design and mechanical engineering principals to design electro-mechanical systems related to mechanical function, structural analysis, aesthetic design, etc. Develop general arrangements, space studies, as necessary.
- Perform hands-on work with mechanical components and systems. Personally, or collaboratively perform construction and test of prototypes or proof of concept models.
- Execute design iterations to create reliable and long-life products
- Translate machine design compliance, design requirements, and machine safety as required per project
- Direct the preparation of design drawings and specifications, and perform required project management tasks focused on fabrication of designs & concepts.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree Mechanical or Structural Engineering preferred or 3+ years of relative experience to be considered in other fields
- Professional Engineering (PE) license required KS, OH, IA, AL or a Full state compact required.
- Experience with ANSI design machine and structural design specifications a must
- High level of proficiency with SolidWorks CAD software is strongly preferred. Proficiency in other 3D CAD software acceptable.
- Experience in designing electro-mechanical systems, control systems, pneumatic systems, fluidic pumps, robotic end-of-arm-tooling, and mechanism designs are all relevant.
- Experience designing load rated platforms or structures required.
- Proven experience working in cross functional teams developing machines/products from concept to fabrication.
- Knowledge of material selection, engineering first principles, tolerance analysis, DFM/DFA, design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA) and various manufacturing processes and techniques is required.
- Experience using computational tools for structural analysis (FEA) and dynamic mechanical performance a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description