Overview / Responsibilities
The Wood Operations Management Solutions (OMS) business in Houston is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer. The individual will perform engineering duties in planning, designing, constructing and installing offshore oil and natural gas production facility.
- Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, constructing and installing offshore oil and natural gas production facility
- Work with staff members on the design, construction, operations and maintenance activities at project site
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, modifications and structural repairs to industry standards
- Work on engineering design and bid analysis
- Assist in preparation of bid packages in order to optimize and expedite simulation and safety analysis of the production facilities
- Provide details of the development of process flow diagrams, mechanical flow diagrams, equipment and safety layouts, area classification, safe charts, spreadsheets and advanced engineering designs
- Select and specify necessary instrumentation as needed, perform safety analysis on process design
Skills / Qualifications
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or related field and 2 years of experience as a Facilities Engineer performing process and mechanical design of oil and gas production facilities.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.