Valsamis, Inc., is a dynamic Marine Engineering firm, which has been meeting the needs of the cruise line and commercial shipping industry for over 25 years. Our values serve as a guide for our behaviors. We strive to excel in all our day to day interactions with our team members, clients and suppliers. Valsamis personnel are exceptional people who share personal values such as professional integrity and honesty. We have a passion for our clients, partners, team members and technology. Our team has a willingness to take on big challenges and resolve them in a timely fashion. We are accountable to our clients and to each other for the commitments we make, the results we achieve and the quality of our work.
Description: Project Engineer
Project Engineer Job Purpose: A position responsible for the effective and efficient management of engineering and technical projects. Ability to analyze and assess all needed materials and required labor costs for small to larger, more complex jobs related to the marine shipping industry resulting in the creation of effective quotations to client companies. This position has multiple objectives such as to assure that the project (s) adherence to safety, quality, project scope, project schedule, project cost, and client satisfaction. All these objectives must be communicated to all stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
Project Engineer Job Duties:
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally 30% of the year.
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers to develop efficient methods and practices.
- Create drawings such as electrical, piping and other drawings used in design and construction.
- Draw up requirement specifications for projects and equipment bids.
- For supply install requests, works closely with Inventory and Operations Manager to determine availabilityof required materials, labor expense to produce, and labor expense to install. Assess the costs of required logistics to deliver product and manpower on time.
- For requests requiring onsite vessel inspections, coordinates with Operations Manager and logistics to arrange for travel to vessel to complete inspection. Must determine manpower needed for assessment to be completed timely and cost effectively.
- Produces quotations detailing scope, schedule, exceptions, all materials, labor, and logistics expenses with appropriate margins for review by management prior to presentation to client company.
- Presents final approved quotation, along with Project Manager if applicable, to client company.
- is assigned to manage a project
Skills/Qualifications: Spanish speaking bi-lingual skills preferred.
Great presentation and negotiating skills.
Must be able work independently
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Marine or Mechanical).
Minimum 5 years prior marine project engineering experience or must have at least project management experience.
General knowledge and understanding of the Marine Shipping industry preferred.
Excellent organization, time management and strategic thinking skills.
Excellent leadership and team development skills.
Knowledge of mathematics and unit conversions (Metric to English).
Good working knowledge of the general job estimation process.
Knowledge of project planning, of material specifications, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for controlling project schedule, and cost.
Knowledge of English language grammar and composition.
Must have hands-on working knowledge of various shop tools and related materials.
Strong PC skills related to Matlab, CAD/CAM, Soildworks, Microsoft Project, Office, Outlook and Google Drive is a must.
The ability to function well within a team environment.
Must be able to complete drug screening and be able to submit to random testing.
Must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated.
Must be personally committed to Safety, Quality, Client Satisfaction and the Environment.