Job Title: Project Engineer
Location(s): Grand Junction, CO
Hiring Range: $51/k - $127/k/yr. (Depending on education and experience)
RSI Entech (LLC) is searching for a Project Engineer with experience in an engineering design environment with a team of other engineers and other technical disciplines to prepare engineering analysis, plans and specifications. Manages design project by assisting customer in determining project scope, scheduling and planning the project from inception to record documents.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Under limited review, plans, develops, coordinates, reviews and assesses the design of projects, including basic organization of design team, concepts, format of calculations, selection of equipment standards, system design, and preparation of plans and specifications.
- Performs remedial investigations and feasibility studies to determine and outline projects.
- Prepares drawings, cost estimates and engineering reports.
- Prepares and inspects construction plans.
- Manages and reviews construction plans and specifications and engineering reports prepared by outside consultants.
- Preparation of construction plans and specifications to construct earthwork grading, erosion control features, utility lines, and other civil construction projects.
- Provides engineering field support for ongoing construction activities.
- Assists in providing assessments of work scope, potential safety problems and special design considerations.
- Assists in providing technical assessments, conducting trade-off studies, and providing direction on the basis of costs, schedule and performance.
- Participates in internal reviews.
- Trains and mentors more junior staff.
- Lead engineering aspects of a task or project
- Skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks and to analyze and develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to recommend approaches for new and improved processes.
- Ability to work with broad objectives, with latitude to determine the best way to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to lead certain aspects of a task or project.
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- Surveying knowledge, pavement design, experience in construction projects interface.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Major Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Greater than 12 years’ experience is required.
- Professional Engineer registration in Colorado with capabilities to acquire registration in New Mexico within one year is required.
- Required proficiency in Acad with Civil 3D capabilities, hydrology and hydraulics analysis software.
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office Suite; word, excel.
- excellent communication and analytical skills; expertise in computer systems and software application programs.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (Medium Work):
Sitting up to 5 hrs./day; standing and/or walking for up to 8 hrs./day; stooping and kneeling to complete field inspections; lifting and carrying analysis equipment; reaching chest high and overhead for supplies.
Works in front of a computer screen up to 6 hrs./day; works with keyboard, puck or mouse up to 4 hrs. during this time.
Must be able to access a wide variety of field sites for inspections.
Works with computer, printer, keyboard, telephone, calculator, copy machine, plotter, and miscellaneous field equipment for measuring and collecting data.
Works on varying surfaces including sloping, uneven, and slippery surfaces.
Requires finger dexterity, good color vision, good hearing, and clear speaking ability.
May work with eye protection, hearing protection, hard hat, gloves, boots, and body protection as the situation requires.
Travel is required on this position 20% of the time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
If you would like to apply for an open position with RSI, please click here.