TechFlow’s success in the Energy and Mobility marketspace has created an opportunity to add a Project Development Engineer focused exclusively on Energy and Mobility. The ideal applicant will have experience providing detailed analysis of complex energy systems, with the ability to identify opportunities for performance enhancements and develop practical solutions based on sound design principals. The Project Development Engineer will work closely with Business Development to identify and qualify Energy and Mobility projects, develop solutions, and support strategic sales plans for projects and proposals.
- Develop strategies, goals, and objectives specific to project/program execution
- Provide detailed systems analysis of complex energy systems
- Determine potential performance enhancements and provide specific recommendations
- Develop practical solutions based on sound design principals
- Perform energy calculations and identify opportunities to deploy renewable energy
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in energy and mobility by staying on the forefront of technology and working closely with others to deploy knowledge within the company such as project development, project management, sales and estimating, etc.
- Communicate design concepts with customers and vendors
- Coordinate equipment selections
- Assist Business Development with identiﬁcation and qualiﬁcation of Energy and Mobility projects and programs
- Support preliminary and ﬁnal proposal development
- Prepare ﬁnancial models, including Return on Investment (ROI), life cycle costs, and internal rate of return
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- 30% travel to customer sites throughout the United States
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project Development Engineer or Project Development Manager
- Minimum of 2 years of electrical design experience
- Must be familiar with energy industry standard calculation methods
- Must possess and maintain good understanding of pertinent building and energy codes including National Electric Code, International Fire Code, International Building Code
- Must possess thorough understanding of energy incentive programs and processes
- Working knowledge of estimating preliminary budgets for Energy and mobility projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Certified Energy Manager and/or Professional Engineer certiﬁcation (CEM, PE), preferred.
Founded in 1995 at the start of the dot-com revolution, TechFlow helped large commercial clients such as Dreamworks, Toshiba, MGM, and others modernize their business systems. Today, with deep operational roots in the bi-coastal innovation hubs of California and Washington DC, TechFlow continues as a leader in applying innovative engineering, technology, integration solutions, and support services to the Federal Government’s most demanding mission and business challenges.
Our culture thrives on out-of-the-box thinking and the unique powerful entrepreneurial expressions of our employee-owners. As a 100% employee-owned company, we have a shared expectation of commitment, accountability, and responsibility driven by a culture that embraces innovation and new ideas. Our goal is not to do what has been done, but to do it better.
TechFlow has four principal lines of business: Platform Services, Mission Services, Digital Services and Energy and Mobility Solutions. Our company has a strong track record of successful contracts in both areas and encourages cross-collaboration.
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee-owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and helps us build an agile workplace!
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) – Pride in being an employee-owner and annual employer contribution (per plan guidelines)
- 401k plan with Roth option.
- Eligibility for an employer match.
- Immediate vesting
- Paid time off
- Holidays – 10 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-paid Life & AD&D insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Resources
- Company-paid training and development program
- Voluntary benefits include:
- Life & AD&D Insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Short-term and long-term disability (per plan guidelines)
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft protection plans
- Pet Insurance