Navarro Research and Engineering is recruiting for a Project Controls Engineer in Richland, WA.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position will support Hanford Laboratory Management and Integration, LLC (HLMI). HLMI is located in Richland, WA, and operates, manages, and maintains the 222-S Laboratory Complex for the Department of Energy. The HLMI members are Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. (Oak Ridge, TN), and Advanced Technologies and Laboratories International (Gaithersburg, MD).
- Prepares, maintains, reviews, and revises schedules and budgets for Operations/Maintenance activities.
- Work will be performed per applicable DOE and HLMI orders, standards, procedures, and guidelines using established DOE and industry methodologies and techniques.
- Applies standard cost and/or scheduling data to departmental programs or systems.
- Responsible for utilizing the tools and systems necessary to effectively and proactively manage and control concurrent activities throughout the organization from proposal through execution and completion.
- Tasks may include the preparation, monitoring, and control of baseline detailed and integrated master summary schedules and milestones; field execution schedules preparation, monitoring and control of baseline time-phased budgets; cost control and earned value performance measurement including the Budgeted Cost for Work Scheduled (BCWS), Budgeted Cost for Work Performed (BCWP), Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP), and Schedule Variance (SV)/Cost Variance (CV); and associated reporting and information distribution internally and externally to key stakeholders.
- Under minimal administrative direction, responsible for Facility Operations/Maintenance scheduling and the direct support of the Operations/Facility Manager in the planning and execution of field activities.
- Participates in improving techniques for estimating, planning, and cost control. Develops forecasts and assures that all pertinent information is updated in relation to the present scope of work.
- Develops, implements, analyzes, and maintains critical path method logic diagrams that require critical path analysis for time and resource management of manpower, equipment, or facilities.
- Performs complex analysis and summarize data to validate project control parameters with consideration given to performance, reliability, maintainability, and cost/schedule control criteria. Assess potential cost and schedule impacts.
- Coordinates and maintains cost/planning/schedule database operations, review and analyze project control data or results, and assist in preparation of management reports along with corresponding recommendations. Participates in planning meetings as appropriate and gathers data for database input.
- Investigates all deviations from established cost and schedule baselines, apprises and makes recommendations to management concerning corrective actions or workarounds required to meet established objectives.
- Prepares and issues periodic status/critical items reports to management that highlights significant program issues and potential delays to project milestones and DOE financial objectives.
- Develops, implements, analyzes, and maintains cost and schedule trend program, baseline change project, and forecast process.
- May lead review meetings or assume primary role in the responsibility for the scheduling portion of the division, department, or project plan-of-the-day (POD) meeting.
- Complies with HMLI policies and procedures.
- Ensures Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) principles are incorporated into organization’s activities.
- Ability to manage a change in priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in project management, construction management, engineering, business, or other related discipline and 7 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience with earned value systems utilized at HLMI, including but not limited to cost analysis, EAC development, schedule development and maintenance, earned value reporting systems, subcontract management, estimating, and Primavera P6 knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to communicate to peers and management clearly and concisely.
- Must take prompt action to accomplish assigned objectives and understand/identify issues and opportunities.
- Possesses advanced skills in both Cost and Schedule (Integrated).
- BA/BS in project management, construction management, engineering, business, or other related discipline and 10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability